Goleta Car Rental Comparison: Find Your Top Car Hire Needs All in One Place
Goleta in California was incorporated as a city as recently as 2002. It was before then, the largest unincorporated area in the country. It is located close to Santa Barbara and has a population which was close to 60,000 in the year 2000 census.
Explore, drive and compare the best car hire rates with VroomVroomVroom
1. Watch migrating shorebirds: A visit to the Goleta Beach County Park is the place to visit to see the snowy plover which is on the endangered species list when they migrate here. The beach was partly man made in 1945, by filling it with sand, and has been reduced to around 450 acres.
2. Visit a park: Goleta has developed a number of parks where one can go to relax and unwind. All the parks overlook the Pacific Ocean. These are the Stow Park, Lake Los Carneros and the newly developed Ellwood Open Space.
3. Take a look at a railway museum: For people who are interested in trains, a visit to the South Coast Railroad Museum is a real hands on experience. An old railway station has been converted into the museum and one can even ride a handcar.
4. Go whale watching: The which is close to Goleta organizes whale watching cruises, or sunset and dinner cruises while sailing on the Pacific Ocean along the coast of California. There is no nicer way to relax.
5. Get a feel of the history of this area: A visit to the small but well stocked Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History is educational, as one learns about the early Chumash Indians who lived in this area. One can also see the skeleton of a blue whale.