Grapevine is a beautiful city located in the state of Texas, more exactly in Tarrant County. The history of Grapevine goes back to 1844, when it was founded by the name of Grape Vine Prairie. Later in 1854, the city's name was changed to Grape Vine, and it finally became Grapevine in 1907, when it was also incorporated. As you can tell by its name, the winery industry is very developed in Grapevine. The population of Grapevine is of 46.334 people, according to the 2010 census, making it a great part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area. An interesting fact about Grapevine is the city's motto: 'Aged to Perfection', which clearly reflects the touristic potential of Grapevine. People come here from all the country in order to relax and enjoy a beautiful holiday or a quick getaway. With a car rental, you can easily explore the attractions below:
Grapevine Lake is an adjacent lake to the city, which offers numerous recreational possibilities to both locals and tourists. There are many parks and trails here, so you can experience walking, hiking or biking. There are even camping sites, if you want to spend the night in the core of the nature. Fishing, hunting and boating are also activities you can enjoy when coming here.
Grapevine Mills is a wonderful shopping facility, which every passionate will enjoy. The mall opened in 1997 and it has been giving people the chance to go on numerous shopping sprees ever since. Marshalls, Dr Pepper, Nike, Sears and Pacific Sunwear are only some of the famous brands that retail here. You can also find here restaurants and theaters.
The Grapevine Historic Main Street District is, as the name suggests, the historical district of Grapevine. You will be able to see here historical buildings and sites, which will give you the chance to learn more about the history and culture of Grapevine. The Palace Theater is also located here.
Grapevine is a city in the Texas State of the United States and is one of its oldest settlements. The city gets its name from the tart wild mustang grapes that are widespread there. Grapevine TX, a charming locale for its leisure visitors, is listed in the 'National Register of Historic Places' and has many attractions awaiting its visitors.
1. Visit Grapevine Lake: The Lake extending over 7,400 acres is a mile north of downtown and has a shoreline of 146 miles. It is a perfect venue for water activities like surfing, water skiing, sailing, boating and fishing. There are tennis courts, baseball and softball diamonds and football fields. You can enjoy jogging and biking on the trails. A swimming pool, playgrounds and picnic facilities are also part of the entertainment. There are pavilions for various gatherings as well.
2. Go wine tasting: Grapevine is home to the worlds best wineries, so when visiting, enjoy an afternoon of wine tasting. Homestead winery, Cross Timbers, D'Vine, Delaney vineyards, La Bodega and Su Vena, are some of the fine wineries you can choose from in Grapevine; the wine capital of the world.
3. Historic Main Street District: Step back in time and tour restored buildings and quaint homes. With a diversity of diners, wineries, 'antique and specialty' shops, art galleries and historic buildings, this place is worth a visit.
4. Grapevine Vintage Railroad: Get aboard this train for a unique ride to countless different spots. The expedition train consists of a 1896 steam locomotive, Victorian coaches and open-air patio cars. You can purchase the tickets from the train's home base in the Cotton Belt Depot.
5. Grapevine Opry: This is one of the country's leading and most esteemed music shows featuring an array of compelling music inclusive of new and traditional country music. Other kinds of performances include swing, 50's music, bluegrass, Western, Western swing and big band.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Grapevine. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Grapevine||Directions to Grapevine||Latitude||Longitude|
|Dallas Fort Worth International Airport||3/5||Directions||32.90474||-97.035934|
|N Richlnd Hls||11/18||Directions||32.83438||-97.228845|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|