Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Compare Grass Valley Car Rentals
Top 5 Things to do in Grass Valley
Grass Valley is located where the settlers who came to work in the Empire Mine settled during the Gold Rush. Most of them were tin miners and their craft was required to mine the gold. There are a number of things for visitors and locals to do in this city, which is located close to another famous city, Nevada.
1. Pay a visit to a gold mine
The famous Empire Mine in now closed and has been converted into a park but some of the original buildings are still there and so is the entrance to the closed mine which is estimated to contain over 300 miles of tunnels and shafts.
2. Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park
The stark and bare mountains of this park are a reminder of when gold was mined here by using hydraulic mining which was outlawed because of the damage it caused to the environment.
3. Try your luck at gamblingPay a visit to the Casino Gaming Parlor and see if you get lucky or play a game of pool at the Old Fashioned Saloon. One can also relax at the bar with some fine wines or beer.
4. Go trout fishingIf one wants to try catching trout in the Yuba River, then the best place for this is the Lure Resort. There are 11 authentic log cabins, if one wants to stay in serene surroundings.
5. If you like mountain bikingIf one likes mountain biking, then Downieville is the place for it. With the Sierra Butts in the background, this is a dream come true for mountain biking enthusiasts.
United States, California, United States
Top depots in Grass Valley
- Enterprise Grass Valley - 470 Idaho Maryland Rd, Grass Valley, .
- Hertz Grass Valley Hle - 800 E Main St, Grass Valley, .
Other locations near Grass Valley