Green Bay Car Rental Comparison
Did you know that Green Bay was originally named La Baye or La Baie des Puants, the French for "the stinking Bay"? It doesn't stink at all but its beauty is striking.
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: Green Bay Botanical Garden
#2 thing to do: Bay Beach Amusement Park
#3 thing to do: Hazelwood Historic House Museum
Fun Fact: As British settlers in the area came to outnumber the French, the name "Green Bay" (from the French: Baie Verte) became the more common name for the town.
#1 Car Rental Company: Hertz, Enterprise
5 Things You Must do in Green Bay
The city of Green Bay, Wisconsin was born from a small trading post situated at the head of the Bay of Green Bay. Currently, the city is perhaps most well known for its NFL football team the Green Bay Packers. Here are a few things not to miss on your visit to Green Bay.
1. Catch a Packers game at Lambeau Field- This field is the home stadium of the Green Bay Packers, a team that has won 12 football titles including three Super Bowls.
2. See the National Railroad Museum- Located in a suburb of Green Bay, this museum is home to the country's most historic collection of “rolling stock” consisting of locomotives and cars as well as railroad artifacts and photographs.
3. Visit Heritage Hill Historic State Park- This living history museum is dedicated to portraying the history of Northeastern Wisconsin. The area includes both original and replicas of buildings used by the earliest Wisconsians.
4. Tour the Neville Public Museum- Along with its other permanent exhibits, this museum also offers a place for artists to practice their art while visitors watch and even interact with the artists.
5. Take a hike on the grounds of the Cofrin Memorial Arbetorium- This 290-acre green space has been dedicated to preserve the natural ecological areas and provide areas where visitors can enjoy the beauty of undisturbed nature. Six miles of trails wind through the arbetorium giving visitors a chance to enjoy the ponds, creeks and forests of the area.