Hershey Car Rental Comparison
Hershey is a small, yet very charming city, located in the state of Pennsylvania. Hershey community is situated 14 miles east of Harrisburg and is part of the Harrisburg Carlisle Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, Hershey has a total population of 13.026 residents. Hershey is popularly called Chocolate-town, or referenced to as the Sweetest Place on Earth. Hershey has a lot of wonderful attractions to offer its tourists, so it must not be missed, should you be in the surrounding area.
Top Attractions Within Hershey
Parkview Cross Country Course is a former golf course in Hershey, turned into a cross country course. Due to the number of long steep hills, it is known as one of the hardest courses in the state. Here is the place where the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association Championships have been held annually, since 2006.
Hershey's Chocolate World is the perfect place to take your children. You will all love it! Open year-round, Hershey Chocolate World offers marketplace shops and restaurants, specializing in Hershey chocolate products. You can even opt for a tour around the factory to see how chocolate is produced. The employees can even give you samples of chocolate to taste. Other attractions include the Really Big 3D show, The Hershey Trolley Works, Factory Works Experience and a free Chocolate Tour Ride.
Hershey Park is the place in this little community where you can have a lot of fun, with your family and friends. The Hershey Park has more than 100 rides. The park features 13 roller coasters and water slides, such as the Intercoastal Waterway and the Shore. Hershey park also features entertainment shows in a number of venues including the Amphitheater and the Music Box Theater.
Hershey Community Center Building is a wonderful historic building located in downtown Hershey. The building houses a large theater and a small one, along with a variety of recreational facilities, such as a gymnasium, swimming pool, game rooms, and showers.
5 Things To Do in Hershey
When most people think Hershey, they think chocolate, but Hershey, Pennsylvania has much more to offer travelers. Whether you enjoy visiting museums and gardens, playing golf, or taking day trips to nearby localities, Hershey, Pennsylvania has something to offer anyone. Of course, every trip to Hershey must begin with Hersheypark ®, and our list of top 5 locations to visit in Hershey begins there.
1. Fun at Hersheypark: Hersheypark ® features 10 roller coasters, six water rides, and more than 20 rides for children. At Hersheypark ®, you may visit ZooAmerica ® North American Wildlife Park and The Boardwalk. Enjoy accommodations at The Hotel Hershey ®, Hershey ® Lodge, or the Hershey ® Highmeadow Campground.
2. Tour of the Hershey Factory: Feed your craving for chocolate at Hershey's Chocolate World where you can learn how chocolate is made, and you can help operate a Hershey's Kisses packaging line at Hershey's Factory Works TM.
3. Hershey Garden Tours: Hershey Gardens are adorned with seasonal flower arrangements in fifteen different theme gardens. The outdoor Butterfly House is also certain to fascinate visitors.
4. A History of American Chocolate: Come inside to the Hershey Museum where exhibits and collections provide a history of Hershey's ® and the man responsible for creating this kingdom of chocolate.
5. Dutch Wonderland: A Kingdom For Kids! ® is an escape for children of all ages and is located 30 minutes away from Hersheypark ®. More than 30 rides, coasters, games, and food are tailored to families with children age 12 and under.