Hillsborough is a township situated in Somerset County, New Jersey and is one of the 104 original townships in the state. The town is listed in the, 'Top 100 Best Places to Live' and there are an enormous number of recreational activities to visit and enjoy.
1. Visit the Duke Farm: The Duke Farm, which is a popular destination in Hillsborough, is probably at it's best during autumn. Various events are organized, including early morning, or twilight, bike tours with your family and friends.
2. Enjoy the lakes in Duke Farms: The center is spread over a large area, so it is possible to split your tour into two parts, one to visit the farm and the other to see the lakes. There are around nine man-made lakes, featuring a variety of fish including crappies, bullheads, catfish and large mouth bass.
3. Read at the Hillsborough Public Library: This well stocked public library is located in the Hillsborough Municipal Complex. It is open all year round, except Sundays in July and August. The public library is a haven for researchers and has a separate section for small children and teenagers.
4. Enjoy the Hillsborough River State Park: The park was opened to visitors in 1936 and covers an area of over 3,950 acres. This is an ideal place for enjoying a picnic, seasonal swimming, camping and canoeing.
5. See the Higginsville Road Bridges: The historic Higginsville Road Bridges span the Raritan River and were in use throughout the 19th century. The bridges, some of which were constructed in wrought iron, are perfect for gaining a glimpse into past methods of bridge building.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Hillsborough. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Hillsborough||Directions to Hillsborough||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|