Hilton Head is lovely town located in South Carolina, United States. In fact, Hilton Head is a resort town, part of Beaufort County. With a population of about 37.000 inhabitants, Hilton Head has a surface of 55.5 square miles (143.9 square kilometers). Hilton Head was first settled in 1663 and incorporated in 1983, but throughout the years it developed amazingly, becoming one of the most popular destination for all tourists who want to enjoy a perfect vacation, while relaxing on the beautiful beaches or learning more about the history and cultural life of the town.
Top Attractions within Hilton Head
Coastal Discovery Museum is a place of an unique beauty. Numerous exhibits can be seen in this Hilton Head spot, but this also is the place in which many activities and programs are developed. Over 125,000 people visit the museum every year. The museum was first established in 1985 displaying an unique cultural heritage.
Arts Center of Coastal Carolina is a spot not to miss is you are an art lover. Many festivals, but also various collections can be seen in this venue. Main Street Youth Theater is another important cultural venue of Hilton Head. Here you will be able to watch numerous shows and enjoy all kind of stage performances, while the good time will be almost guaranteed.
Folly Flied Breach Park is one of the largest public beaches located in Hilton Head. No matter if you want to relax or enjoy a walk in a natural area of a scenic beauty, this is a great place to visit. Other public beaches of the city include Islanders Beach Park and Mitchelville Beach Park.
The Dove Street Festival of Lights is one of the oldest festivals to take place in Hilton Head. The event takes place every December, since 1990. All the houses located on this street are adorned with many holiday lights. Anyway, this is not the only festival to take place in Hilton Head. The Community Festival takes place in October, while the HarbourFest is held every June in this great town.
Away from skyscrapers, noise and air pollution, and many daily stresses, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina provides an escape. Hilton Head is home to the Hilton Head Celebrity Golf Tournament; however, visitors may also enjoy tennis, sailing, shopping, museums, and other relaxing activities. You may even get to see a bottle-nose dolphin off-shore! Of the myriad possibilities at Hilton Head Island, the top 5 locations to visit are:
1. Shelter Cove harbour. Shops, restaurants, and miles of beachfront abound at the Shelter Cove Harbour. Vacationers may also enjoy golf and tennis at Shelter Cove, as well as fireworks during the Harbourfest.
2. Adventure Cove. At Adventure Cove, visitors of all ages can take aim with laser tag, drive the bumper cars, and practice putting at the miniature golf course. An indoor playroom and a video arcade are also available to guests.
3. The Coastal Discovery Museum. The Coastal Discovery Museum offers indoor and outdoor activities that acquaint visitors with the history and eco-system of the island, as well as familiarizing visitors with that of similar islands. Regular exhibits and tours provide a learning experience for the entire family.
4. Harbour Town Lighthouse. View Hilton Head Island and the surrounding area from the Harbour Town Lighthouse, which is located in Sea Pines.
5. The Sandbox. The Sandbox allows children to explore and learn with a variety of hands-on activities. Younger visitors may play at the Loggerhead Sandcastle or play an instrument in the Rhythm and Hues room. As well, they may challenge themselves by tracking the T-Rex!