Hiram is city located in Georgia, United States. Hiram is part of Paulding County. With a population of about 1.300 residents, Hiram has an area of 3 square miles (7.9 square kilometers). The city was first settled in the 1750s and was named in the honor of John Paulding. Hiram was incorporated in 1891, but during the years the city has developed in an amazing way, becoming one of the best place to visit in this area of the US, due to the many recreational venues that can be found here.
Hiram is a small city situated in Paulding County, Georgia and is named after postmaster, Hiram Baggett. There are a large number of state parks and entertainment centers in the city, including Picketts Mill Battlefield Historic Site.
1. Visit the Paulding County Historical Society and Museum: This museum was established in 1977 and is dedicated to educating visitors in the history of Paulding County. There is a brief history on the origins of the County and surrounding areas and the museum is well stocked with historical artifacts and other items of years gone by.
2. Play at the Westchester Golf and Country Club: The Golf Course and Country Club is located at Westchester Club Dr., in Hiram and is an ideal place for recreational activities with family and friends. The greens at this 18 hole course are covered with Bermuda grass and players will find a round here both pleasant, and challenging.
3. Enjoy a Wild Park Safari: There are a number of national parks situated near Hiram County, including some that organize adventurous tours in safari vehicles and several that even allow visitors to touch their tamer animals. The parks are home to large numbers of giraffe, rhino, lion, tiger and wild buffalo.
4. Enjoy a leisurely break in the state parks: You can enjoy peaceful and relaxed holidays in the Hiram area by getting out to the state parks. Many of them offer an array of recreational and fun activities for children and adults alike. There are arts and crafts classes, outdoor games, sports and yoga sessions.
5. Visit MAXX Fun: MAXX Fun is an entertainment center for children and their parents. There are loads of recreational activities, sports and snacks to be enjoyed here.
The Silver Comet Trail is one the best most incredible spots of Hiram. Here, you can enjoy a great outdoor experience while admiring some of the most beautiful views of the the whole state. Playground areas and picnic tables can also be found in this spot.
The Ben Hill Strickland Memorial Park is a place that should definitely be included into your route when visiting Hiram, at least of you are interested in outdoor adventures. No matter if you want to plan a relaxing picnic, take a walk or play your favorite sport, you are definitely going to have a great time in this scenic park. Playground areas, a lake, walking trails, basketball and tennis courts, but also numerous plant species can be seen here.
Creekside Golf and Country Club is the prefect place for a great time. Here you will find a golf course that will make your golfing experience one that you can fully enjoy. The challenging and friendly golf course is great for both advanced golf players and for beginners. Well, if you are looking for the best ways to have fun, opt for the Sparkles Roller Rink, an amusement spot which offers entertainment options for people of all ages.
Pickett's Mill Battlefield Historic Site is one of the most important historical places located near Hiram. This spot has a great importance due to the fact that it includes the best preserved battlefields of the Civil War, in the whole state. Here you can enjoy visiting exhibits, artifacts, but you can also plan picnics.