Top Attractions within Hobart
Lake George, made by the city's settler, is a very popular place where people from Hobart often gather. The most popular activities here are fishing and boating, so if you are a fan of any of these, you will be able to enjoy them at Lake George.
Festival Park is one of the parks located on the banks of Lake George, Hobart. Locals and tourists come here for long walks and to admire the hundreds of birds residing in the park. Biking and hiking are available also in the park and if you have kids, they will surely be delighted to feed the ducks on the lake.
Westfield Southlake, also known as Southlake Mall, is one of the largest malls in the state of Indiana. The land where the mall was built used to belong to Ross Township, but it was eventually incorporated in Hobart. The mall opened in 1993 and it had only two anchor stores then - JCPenney and Sears. If you are a shopping passionate and you are addicted to this "sport", Westfield Southlake is perfect for you and you should know that in present the main anchors are Carson Pirie Scott, JCPenney, Macy's, Sears and Dick's Sporting Goods.
Hobart is a city located in Lake County, Indiana and many visitors choose to visit Lake Georgia, which is a famous waterfront. Hobart is a place of recreational activities and fun all round the year. The clock tower, situated in Lakefront Park, is a town landmark and duck feeding is a common pastime with both locals and visitors.
1. Enjoy the waterfronts of Lake George: The waterfronts of Lake George are a popular feature of the city. Residents and visitors take walks around the lake and enjoy the scenic beauty of the surroundings. There is also boating and fishing to enjoy and this is the perfect place to spend one's leisure time.
2. Enjoy the musical entertainment: Hobart is an art loving city, with music and dancing being popular with its residents. Music lovers can enjoy the concerts and entertainment shows at a variety of venues, most of which are located at either Lakefront Park or Revelli Bandshell.
3. Fun activities at Lake Robinson: In the past this was a popular lake with fishermen and today it boasts an array of fun activities such as boating and recreational fishing. You can take a stroll around Lake Robinson's banks, which are surrounded with lush green fields, or have fun feeding a variety of birds, such as ring billed gulls, geese and ducks.
4. Shop at Westfield Shopping Town: Hobart's major shopping area is Westfield Shopping Town, which is the largest shopping mall in Indiana. The mall is located at the I65 and US30 intersection and is home to more than 200 shops, restaurants and outdoor strip malls.
5. Visit the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore: This park is located about 15 minutes drive from Hobart city. It has 15 miles of beaches and features various water related activities. For more information on the Dunes click on the link.