Hoover is a city located in Jefferson County, Alabama, United States. It has a population of 62,000 inhabitants and is also a part of the Birmingham-Hoover. In Hoover are many shopping areas, great events, natural beauties and many points of interest, so any tourist will feel great while spending vacation here.
Top Attractions within Hoover
Hoover Public Library is one of the main attractions in Hoover and its size is also huge. The architectural style is impressive and beautifully decorated. There are many books stored, the library being very important for the education and culture of the local community.
Regions Park is in Hoover and was formerly known as Hoover Metropolitan Stadium or The Hoover Met. The stadium is a big chance for watching many sports games and have fun. It will also be interesting and entertaining for kids. The stadium has been renovated with a new field, expanded, so now is a great place for spending time and having fun.
Riverchase Galleria, also known as The Galleria, is a very large shopping mall and the 25th largest one in the United States. It is one of the most popular and visited attractions in Hoover, United States. It includes a two-level Galleria Mall, 330-room Wynfrey Hotel, several headquarters and also numerous restaurants. Visiting this super-regional mall, no one will get bored as there are so many things to do here. In case tourists are looking for souvenirs, want to have meal, watch a film or go shopping, this is the perfect spot for that and the entire family will feel great.
Aldridge Botanical Gardens are found in Hoover and include hydrangea plants and a beautiful lake with many walking trails where people can admire the landscape and relax. The spot is very beautiful and is also the place where many educational projects take place. The gardens started to be built in 1977, but a new improvement and developing plan started in 1997, so this point of interest is now wonderful and worth visiting.
Hoover is a city located in the Counties of Jefferson and Shelby, in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, in north central Alabama.
1. Do not miss the Riverchase Galleria: This is the largest regional shopping mall in Birmingham, is a popular tourist attraction and encompasses 200 stores and restaurants, with two parking decks providing 5,000 spaces. In the center of the food area is a carousel that is popular with both children and adults.
2. See the Hoover Chamber of Commerce: The Hoover Chamber of Commerce promotes a great local business environment, as well as supporting lodging facilities, restaurants, sporting events, vacation and camping enterprises.
3. Visit the Hoover Public Library: The library contains a vast array of books, including reference, fiction, non-fiction and general information, for children, teenagers and adults. There is a library theater that presents movie shows and there are electronic audio books available from the online library.
4. Do not miss Aldridge gardens: This is a 30 acre botanical garden, which is presently run by a non-profit organization. The garden has a wide variety of hydrangea plantings and a 7 acre lake with walking paths. Educational activities and public lectures are also held here.
5. Enjoy hiking in the Appalachian Mountains: There is a hiking trail that runs all the way from Mount Katahdin in Maine to Springer Mountains in Georgia. The area has a wide variety of flora, including conifer and the Tamarack or Eastern Larch.