Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Compare Rates to Find a Reliable Car Rental in Horn Lake
Horn Lake is a lovely city located in Mississippi, United States. Horn Lake is part of DeSoto County and is considered to be a suburb of the beautiful city of Memphis. In fact, Horn Lake is situated at only a few miles distance of this city. Horn Lake has a population of around 26.000 residents and an area of 16.2 square miles (42 square kilometers). Horn Lake is the best place to visit if you want to enjoy an amazing vacation, due to the numerous recreational areas in the city, but also the proximity to Memphis, one of the most beautiful cities in this part of the United States.
Top Attractions within Horn Lake
Dixon Gallery and Gardens is located in the proximity of Horn Lake and it would surely be a pity to not visit this place if you are planning a trip in the city. Not only that you will be charmed by the natural surroundings of a spectacular beauty, but you will also be able to visit an art museum within the gardens. The cultural venue was established in 1976. Permanent art collections include works of French, British, but also American artists.
The National Civil Rights Museum is another great cultural spot located close to Horn Lake city. Here you will be able to find out more about the civil rights movement and the way events took place during that important period in the history of the United States. The most interesting aspect about the museum is that this cultural venue is actually located in the building of the former hotel in which Martin Luther King was assassinated.
The Mud Island River Park is a place of an unique beauty. With scenic views over the Lower Mississippi River, this is the prefect place to visit near Horn Lake of an unique outdoor adventure. In the area you will also be able to visit the Mississippi River Museum and enjoy learning more about the state's past, through some fascinating exhibits.
Top 5 Things to Do in Horn Lake
Horn Lake is a city located in De Soto County, Mississippi and is a suburb of Memphis, Tennessee. The city boasts over 14 parks, in addition to numerous historical sites, museums and art centers.
1. Visit Dye Public Library: For bookworms, Dye Public library in Horn Lake is the place to be. The library holds a large collection of around 30,000 books, which are categorized into adults, children, economics, scientific and many more.
2. See the Historical Walker Home: The house is located on Walker Road in Horn Lake city. It is constructed in the traditional style of hewn bricks and logs and features an antique piano.
3. Enjoy a day at Latimer Lake Parks: Latimer Lake Park is located at the junction of Tulane and Nail Road. The park offers trails for nature walks, nine baseball fields, three lakes, two football fields, four tennis courts and areas for outdoor games and skating, along with a skateboard bowl. Children can play various outdoor games such as bicycle riding, skateboarding and skating.
4. Visit Arkabutla Lake: The lake, which is situated about 20 minutes south of the city, boasts of being the fifth best location in the USA for crappie fishing and is located between the Gulf Coast and Chicago. As a result it is one of the windiest lakes around and is ideal for yacht racing and sailing. You can also enjoy other water sports, such as swimming, water skiing and sailing. For non water-sports lovers, there are walks along the nature trails that surround the lake.
5. Play in Snowden Grove Park: Snowden play-park is located on Getwell Road, near Horn Lake City. The park features around 17 baseball and t- ball fields and is a haven for sports lovers, with various tournaments being organized throughout the year.
United States, Mississippi, United States
Other locations near Horn Lake