Did you know that the current Hot Springs Rehabilitation Center is formerly an Army and Navy Hospital?
Best way to travel: Car or Bicycle
#1 thing to do: Oaklawn Park
#2 thing to do: Magic Springs and Crystal Falls
#3 thing to do: Arkansas Alligator Farm and Petting Zoo
Fun Fact: Bill Clinton spent his early childhood in Hot Springs.
#1 Car Rental Company: Hertz, Enterprise
Situated in Garland County, Hot Springs is the tenth most populace city in Arkansas. The wide range of rejuvenating spas and adventure activities make this a really special tourist destination.
1. Have a day at the Hot Spring National Park: This park is full of history, natural beauty and attractions such as the waterfront and its architecture. Visitors can also enjoy outdoor activities including hiking on the many trails and camping at the Gulpha George Campground in the north of the park.
2. Visit the Witness: The theatre is situated in Panther Valley Ranch and puts on shows depicting the life of Jesus. There are performances on Fridays and Saturdays between June and October.
3. See the exciting Arkansas Alligator Farm and Petting Zoo: There are over 300 alligators, ranging from 6 to 10 feet long in the farm. The zoo also houses many other animals such as deer, goat, lambs, monkeys, lions and turtles and the Merman exhibit is one not to be missed.
4. Take a ride at Brady Mountains Riding stables: There are guided rides along a variety of trails through the Ouachita National Forest, where visitors have the opportunity to observe and experience nature in its most unspoilt form.
5. See the Garland County Historical Society: This Society was found in 1960 and for over 40 years has provided a source for historical information. The building was specially designed for the purpose of preserving relics from the local area.