Compare Deals, Book a Cheap Car Rental in Houston, and Enjoy the Ride
If you are planning to visit Houston, VroomVroomVroom can help you find the perfect rental car to help you to get around the area. We make comparing and booking cheap rental cars easy. Just choose from the list of available vehicles offered by major car rental brands including Hertz, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Dollar and National. Then, book a rental car in an instant!
Houston is home to more than 2.2 million Americans, making it the fourth largest city in the United States following New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Its history dates back to 1836 when a pair of New York investors bought thousands of acres of land at Buffalo Bayou to found the city. The city was named for popular army general Sam Houston, who later helped Texas join the United States. Houston boomed in the early 20th century after oil was discovered, and again when institutions like the Texas Medical Center and NASA's Johnson Space Centre were built. With so many things to see and do, renting a car is the best option - and VroomVroomVroom can help you the vehicle that will best suit your budget and needs.
Reasons to book a hire car in Houston with VroomVroomVroom
- Quality vehicles: We partner with the top suppliers in the USA to guarantee you a high quality, comfortable vehicle. Our local suppliers include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
- Lowest price guaranteed: We guarantee the lowest rates, so you are assured of getting the best car rental deal in Houston. For more information read about our Price Promise.
- No booking or cancellation fees: You can reserve your rental car in advance without worrying about being charged a modification or cancellation fee. Booking with us is also free, unlike other car rental comparison sites that may charge a booking fee.
- Book now, pay later: We do not require you to pay for your rental car upfront. No payment will be required until you actually pick up your hire car.
- Easy booking system: VroomVroomVroom offers the fastest, easiest, and best way to book a car rental in Houston with no hidden fees. You will receive an instant confirmation when you have finished making your reservation.
- Customer care: If you have any problems with your booking or need further assistance, feel free to contact us via phone, email or live chat. You can also reach out to us via Facebook and Twitter.
- RV rentals: If you are looking for a motorhome, VroomVroomVroom also compares RV rentals in Houston.
- Airport locations: If you are arriving at one of the city's two commercial airports, George Bush Intercontinental and William P. Hobby Airports, we can provide you with rental cars from these locations. At George Bush Intercontinental Airport, nine rental car companies are consolidated at the Rental Car Facility. A shuttle is provided to take customers to the rental desks. William P. Hobby Airport welcomes smaller flights from airlines such as Southwest and JetBlue. Shuttle vans operate between the terminal and the Houston car rental company sites. Check out Houston airport car rental for more information. Don't forget to provide your flight number so our suppliers can coordinate with your schedule.
Best time to visit Houston
Driving tips in Houston
What can you do with your rental car in and around Houston?
Houston, Texas is the 4th largest city in the nation. Festivals and special events are scheduled regularly, but year-round attractions are also available to residents and tourists alike.
Once you've picked up your cheap car rental, it might be likely that you'll stay busy within this wonderful city. However, if you set aside an afternoon or a weekend to take your rental car out onto the Texas highways, you should know that it's a long haul from Houston to many other big Texan towns! It's 2.5 hours to the state capital Austin, 3 hours to drive to Corpus Christi -- one of the southernmost big cities in the USA, 3 hours to San Antonio, and 4 hours to get to the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area! But you can really spend a great day, touring around and having adventures out on the hot Texas highways!
If you decide to stick around Houston -- and in the summer months, we do mean stick -- bring your deodorant because the Texas heat makes everyone sweat... Drive your rental car over and visit a well-known live-in art piece. Come and see the John Milkovisch home, which is blanketed in more than 50,000 beer cans! It's only $1.00 to visit the Beer Can House and $5.00 for a complete tour!
Take your rental over to the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, where you can enter and enjoy a 155-acre nature sanctuary! Visit the Discovery Room that holds interactive exhibits or take a walk on the trails through the forest or meadows, where you'll be welcomed by many varieties of wildlife. Hope to see you there!
Space Center Houston
Address: 1601 NASA Road 1, Houston, TX 77058
View the life of an astronaut on the 5-story-high screen in the Space Center Theater, feel the life of an astronaut in the Living in Space module simulator, and learn about the life of an astronaut as you embark on a tram tour through working areas of Johnson Space Center.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science
The museum houses a planetarium, an IMAX ® theater, and a butterfly center, as well as many other permanent and special exhibits.
Fort Anahuac Park
Address: 1704 S Main St, Anahuac, TX 77514
The park is situated approximately 45 miles from Houston and offers RV facilities, swimming, and camping. Visitors may also reach Trinity Bay from the park. In September, the Gatorfest allows visitors to see alligators closer than ever before.
Other fun things to do
Galveston Island allows vacationers to enjoy beaches, restaurants, and the tropical marine life and wildlife at Moody Gardens Aquariam Pyramid ®, Rainforest Pyramid ®, and Discovery Pyramid ®.
Watch some sports. Depending on the time of year they visit Houston, sports fans can make arrangements to see the Houston Astros baseball team at the Minute Maid Park, the Houston Rockets basketball team at the Toyota Center, or the Houston Texans football team at the Reliant Center.
Helen Greek Food and Wine
If you are a Greek cuisine lover, Helen Greek Food and Wine, is the perfect hotspot for you! Located at 2429 Rice Blvd. in Rice Village, this fab restaurant is home to Houston's first-ever all-Greek wine list and the second-largest all-Greek wine list in the United States, which offers regional and modern Greek cuisine from Executive Chef William Wright.
Helen Greek Food and Wine provides good choices on their menu, with a dynamic emphasis on seasonality and divided into three sections: taste (small plates), share (medium) and feasts (large), with a large variety of vegetable-centric dishes, fish, chicken, pork and wild game. Hungry for more? They also serve classic Greek salad, stuffed vegetables, meatballs, a hand packed pork gyro and trio of dips, with ingredients changing based on seasonality.
Sommelier/Co-Owner Evan Turner, Executive Chef William Wright and Director of Operations/Co-Owner Sharif Al-Amin and Tim Faiola manage Helen Greek Food and Wine Helen. Open from Tuesday to Sunday, round up your friends and enjoy a great dining experience at the modern taverna. For more information, you may call at 832-831-7133, or visit helengreekfoodandwine.com.
Harold's Restaurant & Tap Room
Address: 350 W 19th St, Houston, Texas 77008
Situated in the heart of the Heights, Harold's is a southern cuisine restaurant operated by Chef Antoine Ware and is owned by Alli Jarrett, who combine their New Orleans and South Carolina roots to make upscale southern dishes from the freshest local ingredients.
The Original Villa Arcos
Founded in 1977 in Houston's historic 2nd Ward, The Original Villa Arcos, which is a family-owned restaurant that is now in its third generation, serves its customers the best breakfast and lunch, as well as the best tacos in Houston. Arcos specializes in unique and homemade flour tacos and weekend specials. Their most popular items include: Bacon Super Taco, Carne Guisada, and their lunch plates.
The Breakfast Klub
Address: 3711 Travis St, Houston, Texas 77002
Known as the comfort hotspot of Houston, the Breakfast Klub is perfect for enjoying food that satisfies the soul. Must-try favorites at the Breakfast Klub include: the Katfish & Grits or the Wings & Waffles for breakfast or lunch. In addition to the mouth-watering menu, their freshly brewed coffees are sure to please. After all, The Breakfast Klub is the "coffee shop that happens to serve great food".
Magnolia Hotel Houston
Address: 1100 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002
Just a seven-minute walk to the Wortham Theater Center and a 14-minute walk to the George R. Brown Convention Center, this downtown hotel named as the "Best Boutique Hotel in Houston" is housed in an elegant 1926 high-rise, which offers stylish rooms, free WiFi, flat-screen TVs and coffeemakers. While suites inlcude separate living rooms and kitchens. The hotel was originally the home of the Houston Post Dispatch newspaper.
Address: 5701 Main St, Houston, TX 77005
With daring décor and upscale amenities, Hotel ZaZa is one of the high-end hotels in Houston, which is only two-minute walk from Hermann Park and a three minutes' walk from the Museum District light rail station. This fab hotel provides business and leisure travelers a remarkable hotel experience with large-scale perks, from posh rooms, with free WiFi, iPod players, flat-screens and ergonomic desks to great amenities, such as outdoor pool, a high-end spa and an exercise room. There's a stylish restaurant/lounge, as well as a poolside, function spaces and a grand ballroom.