Huntington Beach Car Rental Comparison
Did you know that construction of any kind on the beach area is banned without the vote of the people. They do this protocol so that Huntington Beach could keep its natural tie to the ocean and to avoid covering the beautiful views with artificial developments.
Best Way to Travel: Car or on foot
#1 Thing to do: Huntington Dog Beach
#2 Thing to do: Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve
#3 Thing to do: GW Tours
Fun Fact: Huntington Beach is a perfect place for surfing
#1 Car Rental Company: Hertz
Top 5 Things to Do in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach is a seaside city, located in the metropolitan area of Orange County, Southern California. The city is surrounded by Fountain Valley to the east, Pacific Ocean to the west, Seal Beach to the north and Costa Mesa to the south. The lengthy beach is well known for its pleasant climate and surfing activities.
1. Visit Huntington State Beach: This long, sandy, beach is a popular tourist spot and is well protected by lifeguards. Activities included fishing, surfing, volleyball, basketball, barbecue areas and much more.
2. Enjoy the annual Cruise of Lights: The festival takes place annually in mid December and features a parade of brightly colored and illuminated boats that sail through Huntington Harbor.
3. Read a book at the Huntington Beach Public Library: This library offers an online database, children's programs, computers, DVD movies, wireless access and much more. There is a gift-shop, theater and fountains, along with a variety of charitable events, which are held at various times throughout the year.
4. Plan a trip to Huntington Central Park: The park is covered with thick forests made-up of Australian trees, eucalyptus and xeric plants. Huntington Park is also inhabited by a variety of native wildlife.
5. Visit Huntington Beach High School: This is a facility of Huntington Beach Union High School district, which encompasses a number of schools and courses. The school was originally known as Las Bolsa High School and has a number of sports and other facilities.