Hyannis is a village with a large natural harbor, located within the city of Barnstable, Massachusetts. Known as the transportation and business center of Cape Cod, Hyannis is the gateway – via ferry boats and small planes – to the tourism and vacation home meccas of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket Island. The producers of Cape Cod Potato Chips are located in Hyannis, and famous pop music band manager Johnny Wright was born here!
If you're in need of a car rental for Hyannis, or anywhere in Cape Cod, you can count on VroomVroomVroom to provide you with cheap car rental comparison and a fantastic level of customer service! Hyannis has Avis, Enterprise, Hertz, Thrifty, and two locations for Budget. Avis and Budget have locations at the Hyannis Steamship Terminal, which is the boarding dock for the 2.5-hour car ferry to and from Nantucket. Thrifty is located at the Hy-Line Cruises Terminal. Hy-Line offers year-round catamaran rides (passengers only) to Nantucket, and also a seasonal catamaran transport to Martha's Vineyard!
Our system allows you to view all the available vehicles for the dates you will be there, and it also protects your personal info with high SSL encryption when you book! You'll receive an instant email confirmation, which you can then give to the car rental agency when you arrive in Hyannis. It's really just that easy.Barnstable Municipal Airport is the local airport in Hyannis, and you might be landing there if you have flown in from (or are about to fly to) Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Provincetown, Boston, or New York City. Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz have rental cars at this airport's terminal.
1. Visit Martha's Vineyard, and ride the Flying Horses: the oldest operating carousel in the country, courtesy of Coney Island. Also enjoy miles of beaches and a total of five lighthouses in the Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard vicinity.
2. The John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum is exactly that: a museum honoring John F. Kennedy and his love for Cape Cod. Photograph and video galleries focus on the reminiscences of the 35th President of the United States in Hyannis as well as moments prior to the acceptance of his nomination for the presidency and beyond.
3. Whale Watcher Cruises leave Barnstable Harbor daily from May through October. You will have an opportunity to witness whales in their own habitat, while tour guides provide insight into the world of whales and the history of the area.
4. Cpae Cod Maritime Museum. Become acquainted with the maritime history of Hyannis and surrounding areas at the Cape Cod Maritime Museum. Among other features, museum exhibits examine ocean science technologies, shipwreck exploration, and marine environment protection.
5. Fishing! Enjoy salt-water fishing for bluefish, cod, and striped bass, as daily fishing trips are available via charter boat from Hyannis Harbor, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket.