Did you know that Independence is known as the "Queen City of the Trails"?
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: Cool Crest Family Fun Center
#2 thing to do: Adventure Oasis Waterpark
#3 thing to do: Children's Peace Pavilion
Fun Fact: Harry S. Truman lived in Independence and his home, now part of the Harry S. Truman National Historic Site.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise
There is a lot of action in Missouri City. If you are tired of roaming in the concrete jungles that are the metropolises of today, all you have to do for a refreshing experience is troop into Missouri City in Missouri. At Missouri City, you can relax and savor the quaint blend of the old, the new, and the hip. Ask anyone who has been to Missouri City how the trip was and they all have the same thing to say: it is such a warm and friendly city they had a hard time getting back to their hometowns! Here are the top 5 things you must do while you're there.
1. Take a taxi to Sikeston Depot Museum in 116 West Malone Avenue. The Depot was built in 1916 to serve the first railroad. Watch the rotating exhibits displaying Missouri's colorful history, culture, and arts. One of the things that will take your breath away: hand engraved sterling silver spoons. For more information on the Depot click on the link.
2. If you have a hankering for brats, bacon rinds, nachos, and fudge – bring your kids to the Little Hills Festival in St. Charles, and shop for exquisite quilts.
3. Get the feel of old Missouri- from the preserved ancient red cobblestone street of the horse and buggy carriages days in the Great St. Louis area.
4. Frontier Park- Every second Sunday, follow the jazz bands to the Frontier Park in the evenings. These shows are on until September 9.
5. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon at Indian Foothills Parks, golfing or practicing your archery amidst a backdrop of green rolling hills.