Book a Car Rental in Irving - Fast and Easy
Top 5 Things to Do in Irving
1. See the 'Mustangs of Las Colinas': This is a bronze equestrian sculpture by Robert Glen. The statue depicts the importance of the mustangs that used to inhabit Texas and is made-up of a group of nine horses running through a watercourse. 'The Mustangs of Las Colinas', equestrian sculpture is the largest in the world.
2. Explore each detail of Las Colinas: This suburb of Dallas has become the center for corporate and other commercial buildings due to its proximity to the airport. It is known for its luxurious corporate offices, extravagant hotels, landmark office towers, country clubs and other contemporary structures.
3. Check out Texas Stadium: Home to the National Football League's Dallas Cowboys, the stadium was opened in 1971 and has a capacity of 65,675. The unique open dome design is reminiscent of European soccer stadiums.
4. Visit the Mercantile National Bank building: The 166m tall building, also known as 'The Merc', is home to the Mercantile National Bank (MCorp Bank). It was designed in the 'Art Moderne' style and features Art Deco architecture.
5. Pay a visit to Trinity Mills: This is a small community, founded in 1853, that is home to people from adjacent states and European immigrants. By 1930 the town was incorporated into Carrollton and is now a part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.