Iselin is an unincorporated area located in Woodbridge Township and Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States of America. Iselin has a population of about 17.000 residents and an area of 3 square miles. The city is a typical American town from the New Jersey area and its attractions draw locals of the nearby counties. If you plan to visit this state, do not miss Iselin and the beautiful attractions it bears.
Thomas Alva Edison Memorial Tower and Museum is also known to locals and tourists as Menlo Park Museum and it was settled in honor of inventor and businessman Thomas Alva Edison. It opened on February 11, 1938, because that was supposed to be the 91st birthday of Edison. The museum displays a lot of Edison's creations and also a part of his memorabilia. A private collection of photographs of his family is also available in this great place.
Indo American Religious and Cultural Center is also a museum, displaying religious artifacts related to the local religions. This Iselin museum has various collection of religious books and paintings and a series of interactive exhibits that can be seen by all visitors.
Woodbridge Skate Park is a great skate park where all sport addicts of Iselin gather to compete and to have fun, also. The park has various areas so, no matter if you are a beginner or a pro, you can definitely enjoy being in this place.
Colonia Country Club is a great golf club, the oldest in Iselin. The 107 years old course is simply beautiful and the place attracts tourists of Iselin not only for its use, but also because of its history and great surroundings.
Metuchen Art Works is a private art gallery near Iselin where you can admire paintings and sculptures of the locals and of artists from Woodbridge Township and Middlesex County.
Iselin is an unincorporated area that lies within the town of Woodbridge, Middlesex County, New Jersey. The US census of 2000 records a population of 16,698 and the area has recently experienced a period of extensive restoration and development. The downtown area has a high proportion of shops and restaurants offering an extensive range of South Asian products and dishes.
1. Spend some time at Metropark: This area consists primarily of office buildings, parks and a huge shopping center. It is also the location of Engelhard Corporation's headquarters building.
2. Explore the charm of the Raritan River: The Raritan is a major river in central New Jersey, carrying water from the mountains to Raritan Bay on the Atlantic coast. In the past it has been the source of severe flooding, but this has been largely eliminated following the construction of levees. The fast flowing water makes it ideal for rafting and other water-related activities. The river also serves as important means of transportation and irrigation.
3. Visit Thomas Edison's laboratory: The laboratory is located at the Menlo Park Museum and was built in 1937. The sole purpose for the existence of the museum was to commemorate Thomas Edison's birthday and it features rare items of scientific equipment and apparatus.
4. Get lost in Oldbridge center: This indoor center features a wide range of activities including, arcade games for all age groups, restaurants and movies.
5. Do not miss out Woodbridge Community Center roller-skating: The center features excellent roller-skating and ice-skating facilities. Ice and roller-skate hire is available.