Jackson Hole Car Rental Comparison
Jackson Hole is located in the Teton County, in the State of Wyoming. As part of the county seat, Jackson Hole has a growing population of approximately 9,500 inhabitants. The city of Jackson Hole is one of the major contributors to the Metropolitan Statistical Area of Jackson, located over the Teton County, Wyoming and the Teton County, Idaho. Jackson Hole is one of the favorite mountain resorts in the region.
Top Attractions within Jackson Hole
Dick's Ditch Banked Slalom is one of the major events organized in Jackson Hole. This is a celebration dedicated to contests for ski and snowboard users. The categories which can be entered for the competition are divided first of all between ski and snowboard and then according to gender and age groups: Groms (11-13 years old), Amateur (14-19 years old), Amateur 2 (20-29 years old) and Masters (30+ years old).
The Jackson Hole Mountain Festival is one of the moments of the year in which the slopes and accommodations are filled at maximum capacity in Jackson Hole. It is the perfect occasion to take some time away and enjoy the snow. During this weekend, you will be able to take advantage of great discounts on equipments and entrance fees for skiing and snowboarding. In addition to these, the tourists will be spoiled with musical performances and all sorts of fun shows.
The Vertical Foot Club is one of the major organizers and equipment providers in Jackson Hole. Through the means offered by this club, you can take up memberships with numerous benefits. These will help you keep track of your slope history and improvements in skills and techniques. They also grant their members with two very important distinctions: Ski the Big One! and Go For Gold! These are awarded according to the number of vertical feet you have skied and to the most rapid evolution in terms of skills. The indicators are very well measured and kept under supervision by trained professionals, so that no ski achievers will go unnoticed and unrewarded for their talents and conquered slopes.
Top 5 Things to Do in Jackson Hole
Jackson is a town in Jackson Hole Valley, Teton County, Wyoming. The town is in close proximity to a number of ski resorts and is a major tourist and recreation area.
1. Visit Yellowstone National Park: Yellowstone was the world's first national park and covers a huge area, encompassing canyons, rivers, lakes and mountain ranges. The park is famous for its geothermal features such as the Old Faithful Geyser and its wildlife, which includes hundreds of species of birds, mammals, reptiles and fish, some of which are listed as endangered.
2. See Jackson Hole Wyoming: This is a popular valley in Wyoming, where you can enjoy sleigh rides in winter. The nearby National Elk refuge is also worth a visit.
3. Do not miss the Blacktail Butte: This is a mountain area that is mainly covered by dense forests with a variety of pine and fir trees. You can simply sit and enjoy the scenic beauty or trek along the areas many trails.
4. Enjoy a stay at the Wort Hotel: This hotel can be a great hideout and is listed amongst America's 54 greatest inns. One can chill at the Silver Dollar Bar and enjoy the exclusive services provided at the hotel.
5. Plan a trip to the National Museum of Wildlife Art: This museum has the nation's premier public collection of over 2,300 works of art, displaying paintings and sculptures of elk, bighorn sheep and other native animals. The museum has twelve exhibit galleries, a café and a 200 seat auditorium.