Jacksonville Car Rental Comparison
Jacksonville is a city in Onslow County, in North Carolina, United States. In Jacksonville live 70,100 inhabitants and so, it is the 14th largest cities in North Carolina. In its past, Jacksonville was known for its lumber production, naval stores, tobacco and industry. Over the recent years, Jacksonville developed and is a wonderful holiday destination for the whole family.
Top Attractions within Jacksonville
Richard Ray Park is located in Jacksonville, having a huge area where people can rest and relax or walk. There is enough space for kids to play and to have a lot of fun. To make things perfect, the park provides many sports fields, camping areas and playground. Each member of a family will find the relaxation and peace he is seeking. The area is clean and there are many nice wildflowers that grow here. Your vacation would not be complete without visiting this wonderful spot.
Rock Creek Golf and Country Club is a fun and adventure provider in Jacksonville, United States. Both locals and visitors that come here can rent the necessary equipment to play golf or to take up lessons. Age and skills are not important, but only the experience and the challenge. The grass and the trees will make this experience an unforgettable one. Here, anyone can participate in golf competitions with their friends and family, so the atmosphere is really entertaining and exciting.
Lynwood Park Zoo is also situated in Jacksonville. The zoo is actually a park that houses more then 50 different animals such as mammals, exotic birds, waterfowl and many others. It will be an interesting and recreational experience to watch these beautiful creatures. Kids will love this place and will have the opportunity to learn new things about all the animals that are here in a friendly atmosphere. The admission is low, so it is very convenient to visit this place.
Marine Corporation Museum of The Carolinas is found in Jacksonville, featuring an interesting architecture and hosts many fascinating items that cover a long period of time of history and important events.
Top 5 Things to Do in Jacksonville
Jacksonville is a commercial city in Onslow County, North Carolina and has developed from a farming community to a center of retail, business, banking and cultural activities. The city is the home of the United States Marine Corps Camp Lejeune and the New River Air Station. It is also the birthplace of popular singer Bryan Adams.
1. Visit the Hubert By-Pass Park: This park's attractions include a jogging and fitness trail, a nature trail, several picnic spots and areas with grills and tables, paved basketball court, sand volleyball court, children's play area and a senior citizen area.
2. Take a break at Hammock Beach: The beach, which is located on an island, covers a vast area and is accessible by private boat or passenger ferry. There are numerous activities available to visitors, such as camping, swimming, shelling and wildlife viewing. Surfing and ferrying are two of the favorite activities enjoyed by tourists.
3. Plan a trip to the Montford Point Reading Room: This museum has a collection from the Marine Corps training center for Black Marines, dating from the early years of World War II. There are also collections depicting the history of Camp Johnson.
4. Play golf at the Rock Creek Golf & County Club: In addition to golf, this country club also has a range of sporting facilities, including tennis courts, swimming pool and banquet center. It is the areas most popular local golfing destination, both with residents and visiting tourists.
5. Do not miss the Jacksonville Flying Service: Planes are available to rent and for introductory flying lessons. The airport features restaurants, game rooms, public telephones and facilities for the handicapped.