Drive a Reliable Car Rental in Jacksonville
If you're traveling to Jacksonville, Florida for business or pleasure, VroomVroomVroom can help you find the area's lowest rates on rental cars from trusted brand-name nationwide companies. Jacksonville is a sprawling city in Northeast Florida. With over 800,000 residents, it ranks highest in population in the Southeastern United States, and among all American cities is second only to Anchorage, Alaska, in square mileage. Jacksonville is a major international seaport, has an international airport, and has three major interstate highways passing through the city. As such, Jacksonville is easy to get to and has much to offer to nearby residents and faraway travelers.
Reasons to book a car rental in Jacksonville with VroomVroomVroom
Booking a Jacksonville car rental with us is easy, and you will enjoy several advantages if you book with us today. Here are just a few of them:
- Enjoy great rates
- Get a wide selection of rental cars
- Feel safe using our secure website with your personal information
- Excellent customer assistance
Visit the city via Jacksonville International Airport
Jacksonville International Airport is the region's major travel destination, with nonstop flights to and from dozens of major cities. Over five million passengers pass through the airport each year. Car rental agencies are located on the terminal building's lower level, next to the baggage claim area. Companies at the airport include Dollar Rent-A-Car, Thrifty, and five more. No shuttles are necessary for off-site rental car lots, as a short walk across the street gets you into one of the hundreds of vehicles just a few hundred feet from the reservation counters.
Driving tips in Jacksonville
Once you're in your Jacksonville car rental, the airport's convenient location allows you to drive just a few minutes to the downtown business area, or to the plentiful sun-drenched beaches. Sight-seers can take a half hour drive north and buy some delicious peanuts or a pecan pie in the state of Georgia. Or for the true road trip enthusiast, a day-long adventure might even involve a drive in your rental car to exciting Miami, about five hours south of Jacksonville.
If you're staying put in the city, then the Jacksonville Beaches communities are to the east, alongside the Atlantic Ocean. Like most of Florida, there are plenty of recreational tourism activities. One unusual activity is disc golf, a sport where you throw a Frisbee (or generic flying disc) at a target. Drive your rental car to Sandridge Road in suburban Green Cove Springs. There you can visit The Ronnie Van Zant Memorial Park, named for the Lynyrd Skynyrd frontman who died tragically in a 1977 plane crash. The park features a 27-hole disc golf course, tennis courts and several fishing ponds.
There's plenty you can do in Jacksonville thanks to booking your cheap car rental! Perhaps you're an animal lover ... well, just hop in your rental vehicle and drive over to the Catty Shack Ranch. This gorgeous, non-profit wildlife sanctuary may have a funny name, but it's rated a top attraction in Jacksonville. What are you waiting for? See the big cats!
Or perhaps exhibitions of art are more your style? Drive your affordable Jacksonville car rental over to the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens. Last but not least, you can always check out the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra when they're having a concert performance!
5 Things To Do While You Are In Jacksonville
Five of the top activities in Jacksonville are:
1. Beaches! Water sports of all types, including sport fishing and boating (and seashell collecting!), may be enjoyed on the local beaches of Jacksonville: Atlantic Beach, Jacksonville Beach, and Neptune Beach.
2. The Jacksonville Zoo has over 1,000 extraordinary creatures on its 70-acre lot. As well, patrons can enjoy a walking safari, a ride on the Zoo Train, a carousel ride, botanical gardens, and Play Park, where visitors may navigate mazes, climb trees, and watch otters swim in an overhead tunnel.
3. The Museum of Science & History houses artifacts related to the history and growth of Northeast Florida. As well, visitors may enjoy the JEA Science Theater & Aqua Expo, the planetarium, summer adventure camps, and special exhibits and events.
4. The Sports Complex accommodates three main stadiums: the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville, home of the Jacksonville Suns, an AA affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers; the Alltel Stadium, home of the National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars; and the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, which hosts hockey and basketball games.
5. Jacksonville Princess - Make dinner reservations on the Jacksonville Princess, a luxury charter cruise yacht that leaves from the south bank of the river at the Hilton Pavilion and cruises along the St. Johns River.