Janesville is a city located in southern Wisconsin, United States. Janesville is also the county seat of Rock County, United States. In Janesville live almost 63, 000 inhabitants. The city was founded in 1835 and its name comes from one of its settlers, Henry Janes. Janesville is also very popular for its interesting architectural style and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Top Attractions within Janesville
Riverside Park, is a large area filled with recreational facilities such as golf courses, grills, picnic facilities, playground areas and camping areas. Anyone that comes here will find the tranquillity he is looking for. The park is very popular for its clean fields and green areas. Kids will have a lot of fun here and enough space to play and run. Adults, on the other side, will get rid of the noise and stress from the huge cities.
Rotary Botanical Gardens is a huge botanical garden in Janesville, United States. Here are many woody plant species, many bulbs, perennials, as well as many seasonal plants. Visiting this point of interest in Janesville, people will have the chance to relax, spend time in nature and discover new things about plants and also about the local plant species. The experience is a pleasant and educational one for both kids and adults.
The Rock Aqua Jays Water Ski Team is a water ski club in Janesville, having about 150 members. Here take place many tournaments and the shows are free. They may include music, ballet, barefooting, pyramids, doubles and many other fascinating things.
Milton House Museum in Janesville is a historic site that will help its visitors learn new things about the history of this place. The guided tours last about one hour, so it will be a great educational experience.
Lava Ultra Lounge is a nice club, lounge and also a gourmet restaurant. There is live entertainment and the atmosphere is very relaxing, perfect for an evening with friends.
Janesville is located in Rock County, Wisconsin and is also known as the 'City of Parks', as it boasts 53 well maintained parks, in addition to golf courses, boat launches and nature trials.
1. Visit the Rotary Gardens: This 15 acre botanical garden, which is open to the public, has 1,008 varieties of shrubs, trees, and plants. Plant varieties include daffodils, ferns, roses, hostas, alliums, bearded iris and daylilies, with seasonal varieties of sunflowers, tulips, zinnias, cannas, morning glories, amaranths and many more.
2. Enjoy a show at Rock Aqua Jays: This is a popular amateur water ski club, which holds shows at Traxler Park twice a week during the summer. The shows are free and include an entertaining theme with music, multiple boats and a variety of performances, including jumping, wakeboarding, bare footing, doubles, swiveling, ballet line and pyramids. The club has won a number of national tournaments.
3. Visit the Helen Jeffris Wood Museum: This is a new attraction, housed in the home of Stanley Dexter Tallman and includes an exhibition gallery, a gift shop and a children's entertainment area. There are free exhibits on Rock County history including, Parker Pen, Tallman Perfume Company and Pauline Pottery.
4. See the General Motors plant: This is the largest General Motors plant, under a single roof, in the United States and enables visitors to see the latest technologies and equipment used in GM vehicles.
5. Plan a trip to the Janesville Performing Arts Center: The theater entertains visitors with a wide variety of shows and performances, using the latest sound and light equipment.