Enjoy Low-Priced Car Rental in Jersey City - Book Early to Save Time and Money
Jersey City is the 2nd-biggest city in the state of New Jersey (only Newark is larger). Located across the Hudson River from New York City's Lower Manhattan area, Jersey City has about 250 thousand residents and is an important port of entry, as well as a distribution and manufacturing center for New York and New Jersey.
Rental car companies Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, and National are all located in Jersey City, and VroomVroomVroom will show you all of their available rental cars, trucks and SUVs, sorted with the cheapest prices first! Or, you can sort the search results any way you like, if you're looking for a certain size or type of vehicle to drive in Jersey City!
If you need a car rental in Jersey City or the surrounding areas, there are many companies with many locations that would like you to book a rental vehicle! How do you pick just the right one for your unique, individual needs and taste? Well, at VroomVroomVroom we think the answer's simple: PRICE COMPARISON! By using us to look at all the car rental options you have in the Jersey City area, you can not only find exactly the type of rental car – with any preference you may have for make or model – but you can SAVE MONEY, too!
Reasons why you should book a car rental in Jersey City with VroomVroomVroom
- Free to book and we don't charge any modifying fees because we do know that plans do change sometimes.
- It is also free to cancel 48 hours prior to pick up.
- Price Comparison shopping will help you to save time, as well as $$$!
Once you've picked up your car rental and you're on your way, the entire Jersey City metropolis is yours to explore! Want to drive north to Secaucus or Union City? You can do that whenever you have a chance! Need to go to the even larger city of Newark, New Jersey? Your rental car will take you there! And, of course, Manhattan and all of New York City are just across the river from Jersey City!
5 things to do while you are in Jersey City
The area that is Jersey City, New Jersey was originally established by Dutch settlers and became a backdrop for the American Revolution 150 years after that time. Today the city generally consists of small communities that were combined approximately 100 years after the Revolution. Here are 5 things to do while visiting this historical location:
1. The Statue of Liberty Ferry, Inc. provides scenic tours to the Statue of Liberty on Ellis Island. There, tourists may tour the national monument, the island, and the American Family Immigration History Center.
2. The recently-expanded Liberty Science Centertouts hands-on exhibits geared towards visitors of all ages. Learn about energy sources, scientific breakthroughs, and the history of skyscrapers. During your visit to the Liberty Science Center, enjoy the IMAX dome theater and a digital 3D theater for unique multi-media, educational experiences. While outside, you may enjoy the view of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty.
3.The Jersey City Museum houses over 20,000 permanent artifacts of local and historic significance. As well, the museum provides a venue for modern-day artists to exhibit their work.
4. Chopper Tour. For a unique tour of Jersey City and the surrounding vicinities, schedule a helicopter tour with Liberty Helicopter Tours. You can enjoy a view of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, and more from the skies.
5. Visit the Waterfront to enjoy shopping, dining, and recreation. As well, vacationers may opt to travel to Manhattan via a water taxi, a ferry, or a subway train.
Best places to eat in Jersey City
You're gonna get hungry in Jersey City, right? So what does that have to do with booking a car rental? Hey! A cheap car rental means two things: it means you can drive to a nice restaurant (or just to the local bar); and it means you will have some extra money in your pocket to try out some great Jersey City food!
So crank up your rental car's engine and drive with your business associates or family over to Porto Leggero – it's the top-rated place to have dinner in all of Jersey City! An Italian restaurant with great food and service can't be beat!
But hey – maybe you prefer something different? Check out Soul Flavors, another great restaurant that's gotten great reviews!
Or do you just want to have a beer and a burger? If so, get your designated driver into the rental car and head over to Park Tavern. This friendly, comfortable bar is quite possibly the best place to have a good time in Jersey City!