Johnston is located in Providence County, Rhode Island. The city was incorporated in 1759 and was named after attorney general, August Johnston.
1. Experience the past at Clemence Irons House: This remarkable structure was built by Richard Clemence in 1691 and is a good example of a traditional, Rhode Island stone building. It is known to be one of the oldest houses in Rhode Island and clearly demonstrates 17th century building techniques.
2. Have fun at Fleet Skating Center: This skating rink has been carefully designed to cater for the specific needs of its visitors. There is the option of renting or using one's own skates and all members of the family can enjoy the fun of ice-skating.
3. Visit the Waterplace Park and Riverwalk: This venue, located in downtown Johnston, provides excellent opportunities for an afternoon stroll. In addition, Waterfire entrances visitors with views of fire on water. The park is very popular with both young and not so young visitors, who are all able to enjoy peace and tranquility in the relaxing environs of the park.
4. Check out the RISD Museum: The museum offers a multi-dimensional program for visitors, with exhibits of antique furniture, art deco, historical artifacts and periodicals. Admission for adults is around $8 and $2 for teenagers.
5. Do not forget to explore Roger Williams Park Zoo: The zoo is home to a huge variety of elephant, flamingos, bats, sheep and deer, along with other attractions, including park rides, playground for children and a park with a carousal.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Johnston. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Johnston||Directions to Johnston||Latitude||Longitude|
|Warwick - TF Green Airport||7/11||Directions||41.724181||-71.428054|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|