Did you know that Jonesboro is called the "City of Churches"?
Best way to travel: Car or Bicycle
#1 thing to do: The Mall at Turtle Creek
#2 thing to do: Craighead Forest Park
#3 thing to do: Jonesboro Country Club
Fun Fact: The name Arkansas came from the Quapaws tribe.
#1 Car Rental Company: Hertz,Enterprise
The city of Jonesboro is located in Craighead County, Arkansas and is home to a variety of industries, including manufacturing, education, medicine and trade.
1. Do not forget to explore the Dean B. Ellis Library: The library is housed within the Arkansas State University campus and contains an extensive collection of books, journals and periodicals, in both printed and electronic form. Other exhibitions, covering a range of specialist subjects, are arranged on a regular basis.
2. Explore the beauty of Craighead Forest Park: The park was opened in 1937 and is located on Crowley's Ridge. Along with a 55 acre fishing lake, the other major attraction of the reserve is its RV camping area, which has 26 tree shaded, asphalt pads, all with full hook-up facilities.
3. Pay a visit to Indian Stadium: The stadium, which is located on the Arkansas State University campus, has a capacity of approximately 33,000 and was most recently renovated in 2002. Indian Stadium's facilities include conference rooms, athletic training center and player lounges.
4. Ride along the Arkansas River: The river is a major tributary of the Mississippi and is 2,364 km long. The size of the river makes it ideal for activities such as white water rafting and both commercial and pleasure boating.
5. Go shopping at the Mall at Turtle Creek: This huge mall, developed by David Hocker & Associates, welcomes over eight million visitors per year, has over 90 stores and is biggest shopping center in Arkansas.