Top Attractions within Kenosha
Dinosaur Discovery Museum is one of the most spectacular places to visit in Kenosha. Here you will find amazing collections dedicated to the development of life, including skeletal cast exhibits of dinosaurs living in North America. The museum focuses on the link between birds and dinosaurs.
The Kenosha Public Museum is a spot not to miss if you are interested in the development of the city and its history. In fact, within this museum founded in 1933 you will be able to also visit art displays. The museum hosts numerous events, but remains the best place to visit if you want to explore the history of the area.
The Civil War Museum is another great cultural venue of the city. In fact, in Kenosha you will be able find numerous museums and if you are a history passionate this surely is the perfect city to visit in the state of Wisconsin, due to the numerous amazing collections displayed here. Within the Civil War Museum you will find memorabilia dating back to the battles of the important historical event.
Kenosha Municipal Golf Course is the place to visit if you are willing to enjoy a challenging golfing experience. Here you will find an 18-hole length golf course, some scenic views and the best quality services for an unique golfing experience, which will surely be one of the best you have had so far.
Top 5 Things to Do in Kenosha
Kenosha is a region of Chicago's metropolitan area. The city is located on the banks of Lake Michigan. It is bordered by Somers to the north and Bristol to the west. One can visit the various tourist attractions while in Kenosha. It is undoubtedly a beautiful place and one must make it a point to visit this mini tinsel town.
1. Visit to Parks: Kenosha is ringed by an emerald necklace of beautiful parks. There are 74 municipal parks in Kenosha that one can visit and because entry is free, there is no reason for not to.
2. Visit Kenosha Public Museum: Visit the Kenosha Public Museum that is located on the Lake Michigan shoreline. One can view the various beautiful art works and history of the region.
3. Visit Dinosaur Discovery Museum: This museum was designed as a federal repository and was started in 2006. It is a must visit museum while in Kenosha.
4. Enjoy Golf: There are many golf courses in Kenosha. The Petrifying Spring Golf Course was named as the No. 1 Sport Course in Wisconsin.
5. Kenosha History Center: One can visit the Kenosha History Center near the old City water treatment plant. This center is located next to the Simmons Island light station. On display is the history of Kenosha from the Indians and also the first settlers to the present day population.