Kentwood is a beautiful city in Michigan, United States. Part of Kent County, the city has a population of more than 48,700 residents. Kentwood has an area of 21.0 square miles (54.5 square kilometers). Kentwood is actually considered to be one of the most important suburbs of Grand Rapids, with a great development started after the moment when Kentwood was incorporated, in 1967. While visiting Kentwood you will be able to enjoy numerous beautiful places, but also spots of historical significance.
Top Attractions within Kentwood
Kelloggsville Christian Reformed Church is a great place to visit when being in Kentwood. The building of the church is quite impressive, but you should know that this is not the only venue of this kind you will be able to see in the city. In Kentwood you will also find the St. Mary Magdalen Roman Catholic Parish and Princeton Christian Reformed Church.
Kentwood Branch Library surely is a spot that will charm you instantly. However, this is not only a great place to include into your route if you are passionate about reading, but also if you are willing to learn more about the history of Kentwood and the whole area in which the beautiful city is located.
Plaster Creek is a place of an unique beauty. Located in Kentwood, at the mouth of Grand River, this is a spot that will surely manage to conquer all visitors. Numerous species of flora and fauna can be found here, while two bridges included in Plaster Creek have already been listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Paul Henry Rail Trail is another similar venue to visit.
Kentwood Golf Course is a spot not to miss if you are a golfer. Here you will find a spectacular 18-hole golf course and you will be able to play your favorite sport in so high quality conditions that there is no way you are not going to enjoy a great Kentwood vacation.
Top 5 Things to Do in Kentwood
A small city in the Kent County, Kentwood was incorporated in 1967. The city got its name from the city of Kent in which it is located. The various places worth visiting in this city are:
1. Get entertained at the Grand Rapids: Listed among the top cities of the United States, the city is located at the banks of the Grand River. The city is popular for its cleanliness and safe environment. There are a lot of conventional centers and hotels present at this place which are a major cause of attraction for the tourists.
2. Visit the Bowen Station Park: Fitted with all kinds of equipment for the all round entertainment of the tourists, the park features a cycling track, sitting places, picnic spot and walking places. The cattle crossing that was used by the Bowen family is still placed at the southern part of the park.
3. Get fascinated at the Pentecostal of Kentwood: The church is located at the Grand Rapids and is opened almost for the entire week for the public. The staff of the church are very friendly and always look for opportunities to serve the tourists.
4. Spend sometime at the Home Acres Park: Spread over an area of about four acres the park provides the tourists with all kinds of basic amenities that are essential for the entertainment of the tourists.
5. Go to St. Mary Magdalen Roman Catholic Parish: One of the most fascinating churches of the area, the St. Mary Magdalen Roman Catholic Parish provides the tourists with superb ambience. The atmosphere of the church is so pleasant that the tourists will not feel like leaving the place.