Kenvil is a census-designated place located in New Jersey, United States. Part of Morris County, Kenvil has a population of over 12.500 residents and an area of 6.8 square miles (17.6 square kilometers). Kenvil was settled in the 1740s. As the whole area has known an amazing development throughout the years, Kenvil has become one of the best places to visit, at least if you want to enjoy a relaxing vacation in which the good time will be guaranteed.
Top Attractions within Kenvil
Lake Silver Spring Beach is located near Kenvil and offers all visitors the best views and the greatest conditions to relax in a spot of a natural beauty. In fact, this is a great place to be in also if you love outdoor adventures and you want to spend a day out. So, you should know that the lake will not offer only some amazing and calming views, but also options to plan water spots, including swimming, fishing and boating. This surely is a spot that should not be missed if you are visiting Kenvil.
King Canal Store Museum is located in the proximity of Kenvil city, but it surely is a place that has to be seen by all tourists arriving in this area of the United States. The building dates back to 1815 and its architectural style is really impressive, including Italian influences. Currently, the museum is opened for visits and seeing this place will surely help you find more about the history of the area.
The Morris Canal is also situated in the proximity of Kenvil, but it is one of the most important historic icons of the whole area. Currently, visitors can see the marker displaying the history of the important canal for the past and development of the New Jersey state. The Morris Canal was opened between 1831 and 1924. Surrounding the area you will be able to see a beautiful park and you will definitely be impressed by the natural views.
Five Things You Must Do in Kenvil
Succasunna Kenvil is a place designated by census. It is an incorporated area in Roxbury Township of Morris County in New Jersey. There are rich iron deposits in the region and it gets its name from the Native American Lenni Lenape meaning 'Black Rock'.
1. The Community Children's Museum: Is located on Blackwell Street. It exhibits a 3D replica of the bedroom of Vincent Van Gogh. There is a space capsule, a giant loom and a portrait studio in the museum.
2. Drake House Museum: The museum is located on West Front Street in Plainfield. It is a family farm house built in 1746. The museum houses collections of historic importance. Here are quite a few other places of interest around the museum.
3. Morristown National Historic Park: This Park is located in Washington place in Morristown. It is a historical park that covers and preserves the areas that were occupied by George Washington when he was a general of the Continental army and was under their occupation in 1779-1780.
4. Grover Cleveland Birthplace: 207 Bloomfield Avenue is the birthplace of Grover Cleveland. He was born here in 1837. At that time his father was minister of the first Presbyterian Church in the region of Caldwell. There are a number of cemeteries and libraries around this area which can be visited.
5. Ringwood Manor: The manor is located in the Ringwood state Park, Ringwood, New Jersey. It is the home of a dynasty succession of ironmasters. It houses a collection of periodic furniture and also a collection of paintings.