Kernersville is a town in the Forsyth County in North Carolina in United States. It is located strategically in the heart of metropolitan area of Piedmont Triad. Arrival of new industries like Dell has given a new character to the city. Much of the rural land around the city ahs been sold to construct new housing complexes, parks and malls.
There are quite a few places and events in Kernersville that one can look out for.
1. Jule Korner built Korner's Folly in the year 1878. The structure has an unusual architecture and design. It has the recognition of housing the first Little Private theatre in United States. The house was also featured in the New York Times.
2. The Julius S. Harmon House in Kernersville has recently been renovated and has become the centre of attraction of the city. Initially a local business shop, it has now been bought by Imogene Lambe. Now it is an antiquated events center where receptions and conferences can be held.
3. There are quite a few parks that are maintained by Kernersville Park and the Recreation Department (KPRD). These are Harmon Park, Civiton Park, Fourth of July Park, Old Kernersville Lake and Beeson Athletic Complex.
4. The KPRD organizes KPRD Skates Tournament in the Kernecville Skate Park, usually in the month of November. One can register for it a few days prior to the event or on the spot as well.
5. Kernersville Cannons is usually organized in the month of February. A similar programme is organized for the youngsters between 4 to 6 years of age, in the month of November.