Kettering is a city from Ohio, United States of America, located in two counties – Greene and Montgomery. Kettering is a suburb of Dayton and currently has a population of 50.000 people and an area of 18.7 square miles. Kettering was incorporated in 1955 and it was named in honor of inventor Charles F. Kettering, who lived in the city since his birth until his death. The economy of Kettering is based on a few major employers like Kettering Medical Center, GE Money, Limited Brands and WilmerHale. The city has sister cities in England – Kettering and in Austria – Steyr. If you want to pay a visit to Ohio, this city is a must-see.
Did you know that Kettering is the largest suburb in the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area?
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Fraze Pavilion
#2 Thing to do: Cox Arboretum MetroPark
#3 Thing to do: Indian Trails Miniature Golf
Fun Fact: The city was named after the inventor Charles F. Kettering.
Top Attractions within Kettering
Charles F. Kettering House is an important landmark of the city. The house, also known as Ridgeleigh Terrace, is built in a Tudor Revival style and it is famous for being the first house in the United States of America to benefit of air conditioning. The architecture firm that designed the house was Schenk & Williams. The locals are very proud of this house and in present times it is used as a conference center.
Kettering Moraine Historical Museum is an area of eight historic buildings located downtown Kettering. Among these buildings is also the former court house of the town, now used only for this touristic circuit. Guided tours of the historical houses are just great and full of information.
Fraze Pavilion is a great outdoor amphitheater with more than 4000 seats. This attraction is located in Lincoln Park Civic Commons, a beautiful park of Kettering. The venue is used to host over 50 festivals each year, so, if you are lucky, you may witness one while during your stay in Kettering.
The Bavarian Festival is an yearly festival held in Kettering celebrating the German community of the city.
Top 5 Things to Do in Kettering
Kettering is a city located in the Greene and Montgomery counties in the American State of Ohio. The city is a suburb of the nearby lying Dayton. Even though the city lies in the counties of both Greene and Montgomery, only a very small part of it actually lies in Greene County. This is an interesting city to visit.
1. Skate Plaza Kettering: This is one of the most visited places by skaters from all over the country. The Rob Dyrdek-DCshoes Skate Plaza Foundation facility is available to the entire family and presents a challenge to even the most professional skaters.
2. The Polen Farm: A very nice place to host meetings and even for spending your idle time. The farm even includes a full service kitchen, a large living room, with a dining room, and a sun porch. The place can accommodate almost 70 people.
3. The Rosewoods Arts Center: The center presents a unique opportunity for the community to experience in the field of visual and performing arts. The center is recognized throughout the state of Ohio as an outstanding center through management and programming.
4. Ice Skating Arena: This is located within the Recreation Complex. The place caters for all ages and activities include figure skating, ice hockey, ice skating lessons and leisure skating.
5. Swimming pool & Aquatic Facilities: This is the place where people come to when they feel like relaxing or having some fun. The entire complex is filled with lots of fun and laughter.