Keyport is a borough located in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States of America. Keyport is also called Pearl of the Bayshore or Gateway to the Bayshore. Initially settled as a town – Keyport Town, on April 2, 1908 Borough of Keyport was incorporated. The small locality has a number of approximately 7000 residents and an area of 1.4 square miles. Keyport is or was home of famous people like rapper Memphis Bleek, actress Juanita Hall, former vice president of the country Garret Hobart, songwriter Moe Jaffe and sculptor Georg J. Lober. If you plan to see New Jersey, Keyport should be included in your plans, thanks to its wonderful attractions.
Top Attractions within Keyport
Keyport Historical Society is the local historical museum where you can find everything about life in the city since its settlement until present. The museum also offers great guided tours and in the large number of rooms it has, you can see great collections, including one of vintage postcards with the first pictures of the city.
Cliffwood Beach is located near Keyport. This is a natural beach, perfect for walking, running, surfing or boating. The place is great to spend a whole day in the middle of the nature. Although great for sunbathing, the placement of the beach makes it inappropriate for swimming, but you can still take a dip in the great clear blue waters of the bay.
Mitchell Sanborn Gallery is a beautiful art gallery displaying works of the local artists, but also temporary exhibitions of world known painters and sculptors. The gallery is magnificent and you can also opt for guided tours, if you want to find out everything about the artworks and the minds behind them.
Keansburg Amusement Park is a fun family park located near Keyport. This attraction is great for all the family, having a lot of rides and games for children and adults, too.
Top 5 Things to Do in Keyport
Keyport is a borough in the state of New Jersey. It is located in the county of Monmouth. The Borough, Keyport was formed on the 2nd of April, 1908. Keyport is popular for its natural beauty and maritime history.
1. Visit the Steamboat Dock Museum: This is one of the major tourist attractions in the Monmouth County. In fact, your trip to Keyport, New Jersey is incomplete without a visit to the Steamboat Dock Museum.
2. Visit the Keyport Free Public Library: This is one of the biggest public libraries in the city. In fact the library is the central library of the city and houses a massive collection of books.
3. Enjoy a relaxing experience at the Cheese Quake State Park: At the Cheese Quake State Park, you can enjoy activities like fishing, boating, swimming, and picnicking amongst many others. The park stretches over an area of 386 acres and is visited by thousands of tourists each year.
4. Visit the Vietnam Era Educational Centre: This center is located in Memorial Lane and allows you to experience the Vietnam War through front lines of the US. The centre is unique to the city and popular with tourists.
5. Enjoy a visit to the Long Street Farm: It is located at the Holmdel Park and is especially popular with tourists. The museum is located near the Steamboat Dock Museum. At the museum there are several artifacts on display. Thus, a visit to the museum is sure to be both an enriching and inspiring experience.