Top Attractions within Kirkland
Saint Edward State Park is a wonderful recreational facility in Kirkland. The park spans on 316 acres, stretching from Kirkland to Kenmore. The park was opened in 1920 and it served as the St. Edward Seminary. Now, after several upgrades and renovations, the park is filled with amenities, such as a pool, hiking and biking trails, picnic areas and large green spaces.
The Kirkland Performance Center is the venue where most events are being held. The theater has a capacity of more than 400 seats, so it can welcome many visitors when concerts, theater plays or ballet shows are being held. The center opened in 1998 and was built in an impressive, modern architectural style.
The Peter Kirk Building is one of the major landmarks of Kirkland. The property used to be the headquarters of the Kirkland Investment Company Building. The history of this building goes back to its establishment, in 1889, when the city founder Peter Kirk constructed it. Now, the building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Heritage Hall is another historic landmark of Kirkland. The building was, at the time of its foundation, the First Church of Christ. It was built in 1922 and is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Top 5 Things to Do in Kirkland
The city of Kirkland is located in King county in the American state of Washington. It is a suburb of Seattle located on the east side of lake Washington. As well as being the eighth largest city in the county and the eighteenth largest in the state.
1. Kirkland Arts Center: The center is located at 620 Market Street and is one of the most famous museums in the city. It is also a famous art gallery. Lots of people from all over the country visit the place annually.
2. Sailor sculpture: Among the various sculptures that line the roads of Kirkland, this is probably one of the finest and most beautiful. It is made of copper and is the perfect example of excellent artisanship.
3. Kirkland Waterfront: The marina park in Kirkland is one of the very few parks where you can enjoy your day out with the luxury of having the beautiful sight of flowing water right in front of your eyes. It is always crowded with people.
4. Lake Washington: This is the second largest lake in Washington. It is also the largest lake in the county. The lake is often a popular boating destination in King county.
5. Bungie Studios: The Bungie is a video game developer in America. It was founded in 1991 and is a place where people who are interested in knowing more about game developing goes quite often.