Get and Compare the Best Car Rental Deals in Kissimmee - Fast and Easy
Reasons to book a car rental in Kissimmee with VroomVroomVroom
When you book with us, you will benefit in several ways…
- Zero booking fees
- You'll receive an instant confirmation by email when you make a reservation
- Our knowledgeable and helpful customer care team is always ready to help you. Get in touch with them here.
Travelers to Kissimmee often fly into Orlando International Airport – it's just a 15-minute drive in your car from Orlando International to Kissimmee. (The old Kissimmee Gateway Airport offered nonstop service to 12 cities, but in September 2008, DayJet suspended all operations.) According to the Orlando airport's website, “Orlando is the largest rental car market in the world.” So you'll be happy to hear that major car rental agencies are located on-site at Orlando International, and you won't need a shuttle bus to pick up your rental vehicle.
Service counters for the rental car companies are found on the Ground Transportation Level (#1) of Terminals A & B. These include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar Car Rental, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, E-Z Rent A Car, Hertz Car Rental, National and Thrifty! Twenty other rental car companies are located in the area, and most of them provide free shuttle bus transportation to their off-airport car rental locations!
Useful information about Kissimmee!
Kissimmee is a beautiful city in the state of Florida, located in Osceola County. The history of Kissimmee goes back to the mid-19th century, when the city was founded and known as Allendale. Its incorporation followed in 1883, when its name was changed to Kissimmee. Since then, Kissimmee has become a spectacular development, especially due to ranching. Now, there are nearly 60 thousand people living in Kissimmee, according to the 2010 census. The tourism industry took off in 1971, with the creation of Disney World. More and more people are now visiting Kissimmee, because the city has many things to offer.
If you're in Kissimmee in the springtime, you might want to drive your cheap car rental over to Osceola County Stadium, where the Houston Astros of Major League Baseball conduct spring training! Or, if a concert is more your style, the nearby Silver Spurs Arena hosts many national touring musicians and bands! Your car rental will give you the freedom to get there, and the money you've saved booking with us is simply more money you can spend on a fun night out in Kissimmee, Florida!
Top Attractions within Kissimmee
Disney World, also known as Walt Disney World Resort, is the most visited entertainment resort in the whole world, so it is definitely a not to be missed spot. Located only a stone's throw away from Kissimmee, Disney World had a lot to do with the development of Kissimmee, because the city's tourism potential increased rapidly. The resort includes four theme parks, numerous hotels, two water parks, spas, fitness centers, golf courses and so many more recreational venues. If you are in the area, do not deny yourself this unique experience, especially if you brought your kids along! It is like nothing you have ever seen before!!!
The Colonial Estate, colloquially known as Tucker House, is one of the main historical landmarks of Kissimmee. This historic site was built in an impressive Classical Revival architectural style, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. You can see other historic buildings in the Kissimmee Historic District.
The Osceola County Historical Society and Museum is the place to visit if you want to learn more information on the history, culture and traditions of Kissimmee and Osceola County. There are numerous artifacts and historical items put on display here, for you to admire. Get a taste of the city's heritage!
Here are some great places to eat in Kissimmee, FL!
When you're in Kissimmee and you want to check out one of this city's fine dining establishments, your affordable rental car will give you the freedom to drive anywhere you want to go. We recommend that you try Savion's Place, located in downtown Kissimmee. Savion's Place is the top-reviewed restaurant in the entire city!
Another great choice would be Chef John's Place, so why not hop into your car rental and drive over for a great lunch or dinner? This eatery is popular with the locals for its seafood menu, which also features tasty barbecue and Caribbean entrees. And please don't leave without trying a Chef John's dessert -- what a treat!
If you're in the mood for a thick, juicy steak, drive your rental car over to LongHorn Steakhouse in Kissimmee. This national chain of restaurants has a franchise that's one of the best places to eat in this city!
Top 5 Things to Do in Kissimmee
Kissimmee is one of the most visited cities in Florida. Situated on the northwest shore of Lake Tohapekaliga, this city dates back to the mid nineteenth century and was known then as Allendale. The city is famous for cattle ranching and is also now famous for herding in tourists from around the world because of its many attractions.
1. Enjoy the Walt Disney world: The Walt Disney world resort complete with its theme parks, manages to draw tourists in search of new adventures from around the city and the world.
2. Get close to wildlife in the Jungleland: Home to abused and injured animals, as well as exotic species, Jungleland is the best place for getting acquainted with the world of animals and birds.
3. Enjoy fragrance of life at World of Orchids: To get an experience of a floral delight, a visit to this working greenhouse is a must. The orchids here can be seen flourishing in natural surroundings. The waterfalls, streams and delightful walks will also hold you spellbound forever.
4. Dwell in the past at the medieval life: Medieval cottage is a recreated 8 cottage village that will give you a taste of the past as you trudge in the dungeons and muse in the vast torture chamber. 5.Enjoy the oriental taste at splendid China: This park was built to replicate the scenes of China. Here you will see miniature replications of the great wall, Forbidden City etc. You can also enjoy Chinese cuisine and culture in this park.