La Jolla is a beach resort town that lies in the city of San Diego, California. The Pacific Beach is to the south of this resort and to the north is Torrey Pines State Reserve and Del Mar. The Spanish word of the city means the 'jewel' this is a true description of the beach town resort.
1. Caves of La Jolla: Caves of the beach resort town are natural wonders that are carved by the ocean waters. Visitors can approach these caves from the cliffs. The caves are also known as 'Sunny Jim Caves'.
2. Birch Aquarium at Scripps: Is located on the Expedition Way of the town and is the best place to discover the marine life. Visitors can explore invertebrates of the ocean also.
3. The La Jolla Clam: Visitors have been enjoying jumping in the ocean water from the La Jolla Clam for over one hundred years. However, cliff jumping is no longer allowed here, yet the point is wonderful for watching the Pacific.
4. Concerts by the Sea: Visitors can enjoy programmes of cover bands and shows by the local artists at the concerts by the sea programme. This show is organized at the Ellen Browning Scripps Park that makes a pleasant setting.
5. Crab Catcher: Is a restaurant which is a treat for visitors who love fresh seafood delicacies. The local seafood dishes are also on offer at this restaurant for the choosiest seafood lovers. It is located on the west side of Torry Pines road.