Finding a First-Rate Car Rental in Lafayette is Now Quick and Easy
VroomVroomVroom compares rental car rates from Enterprise and Hertz in Lafayette. If you're traveling to Lafayette on business or to take a family vacation, you'll want to have a cheap car rental – a rental car or truck gives you all the freedom you could ever want to explore this fine city and the surrounding towns and cities in Louisiana.
Lafayette is one of the four biggest cities in the state of Louisiana, with a population of over 120 thousand Americans. Historically, Lafayette – which is located on the shores of the Vermilion River – has been a natural gas and petroleum industry town. Currently, healthcare and medical businesses help drive the city's economy. As a major center for Cajun culture and tourism, Lafayette is known nationwide as a hotbed for Cajun and Creole cuisine. Lafayette sits on the Louisiana Prairie Terrace and, unlike many areas in Louisiana, is not a wetland and is not prone to flooding.
Why book a car rental in Lafayette with VroomVroomVroom?
VroomVroomVroom can help you find the lowest car rental rates in Lafayette, because we are the experts in cheap rental car booking. People book with us every day and here's why:
- We don't charge you a booking fee!
- You can cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior your pickup.
- Comparing rates on reliablecar rentals saves you money!
- Booking early helps you find a great deal!
- Your personal info is protected by our site's high SSL encryption!
- Our friendly customer care experts are willing to assist. So if there's any problem or you need some help, simplycontact us either via phone call, email or live chat.
Driving tips in LafayetteTravelers to Lafayette sometimes fly into Lafayette Regional Airport (airport code: LFT) from cities including Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Atlanta. The airport is located on US Highway 90, on the southeast side of Lafayette. Car rental companies that service Lafayette Regional include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Hertz and National Car Rental.
To learn more about the history of this region and its peoples, you can drive your car rental to Acadian Village, a private cultural park in Lafayette. It's a Cajun bayou community reconstructed on a 32-acre property with reassembled or moved original buildings and a collection of authentic Cajun furnishings.
Other great places to take your rental car out for a day trip include the Alexandre Mouton House Museum, the Children's Museum of Acadiana, the Lafayette Natural History Museum & Planetarium, and the huge Mall of Acadiana!
5 Things You Must Do in Lafayette
Lafayette is a city which lies in the Lafayette parish, state of Louisiana, in the US. The city is located on the Vermilon River and is also the parish seat of Lafayette parish. Lafayette is regarded as the fourth largest city in Louisiana. The city was first founded as Vermilion Ville.
1. Museum of Art: The museum of art is the premier and most outstanding museum in the area. It has a good collection of art related articles from the bygone era. Many tourists take stop here to look at these items.
2. Long Center: This is the place to be for all performing arts lovers. Many bands perform here regularly it hosts performances from local troops and groups from all over the country.
3. Armstrong Park: The Armstrong Park is arguably the best and well maintained park in the city. The park has been landscaped and is kept in an exemplary way and was named in honor of a Neil Armstrong. Fishing is also permitted on the site.
4. Columbian Park Zoo: The Park provides shelter for more than 120 animals from 49 different species. The animals are well cared for and the Zoo offers different education programmes throughout the course of the year.
5. Tropicanoe Cove: This is an absolute water paradise. Here you get to experience the tropical climate in the heart of Indiana. The Tropicanoe Cove is always filled with people and is an asylum of fun and laughter.