Lagrange is a city in Troup County, Georgia, named after the country estate near Paris of the Marquis de Lafayette. The population of the city is approximately 26,000. It is famous for the old private college named 'Lagrange College'. Lagrange is one of the oldest cities in United States.The settlement of Lagrange began in the early 19th century soon after the territory was ceded by the Creek Indians and the subsequent establishment of the Troup County Georgia.
Lagrange maintained its position as a transportation hub with the completion of two important highways, as well as providing industrial and commercial access for businesses such as Wal-Mart. Although it is quite small, Lagrange is an ideal holiday destination.
Five Things You Must Do in Lagrange
1. Lamar Dodd Art Center: This is a completely modern and well equipped art center and museum. It holds a collection of items belonging to the changing national and regional aspects. The art center houses number of classrooms, dark room and studios.
2. Hydrangea Festival: This is an annual festival of crafts and arts held in Lagrange. The festival takes place in June every year. More than 200 dealers of arts and crafts gather together to sell large variety of items. These are inclusive of antique pieces, handcrafted items, colorful flowers and traditional and artistic jewellery, a true paradise for shopping lovers.
3. West Point Lake: The Lake is spread over an area of approximately 26000 acres. You can enjoy boating, water skiing, fishing and swimming. Other activities such as camping and hunting can be done at the lake shore.
4. Camping at the West Point Lake: Camping at the West Point Lake is a great opportunity for exciting trip. There are many camp grounds available around the lake, you can park the RVs, or place the cabins and tents on the grounds. This is an ideal place for a family picnic.
5. Callaway Memorial Tower: This tower is one of the tourist's attractions in LaGrange.
Top Attractions Within Lagrange
3 Creeks Entertainment is a fun filled place in Lagrange. The venue houses a new skating rink, three batting cages where children as well as adults can practice their baseball skills, and the Water Wiz, a water slide with an incorporated pool. The amenities here also include restaurants where you can enjoy a quick snack or meal, a bar where you can cool yourself with a wide range of beverages, and of course restrooms.
Hills and Dales Estate is a wonderful house, a specific landmark for Lagrange. The tour guide is very knowledgeable and gracious, and is willing to offer tourists every piece of information needed. Aside from the inside of the estate, you can also take a tour of the gardens. You will be amazed at the large variety of flowers, shrubs and trees that can be found in the gardens.
Explorations in Antiquity Lagrange is the perfect place to learn something new about history and religion. There are numerous biblical exhibits with replicas of certain scenes from the Bible. For instance, you can sit down and enjoy the Last Supper, with real food and drinks. The venue is a walk in the past of 2000-3000 years ago with full scale archaeological replicas, such as a Roman aqueduct, a Jerusalem tomb from 700-500 BC and many more. The venue also has a gift shop where you can buy memorabilia from, for yourself or for your friends.