Lahaina is a census-designated place located in Hawaii, United States. Part of Maui County, in its West side, Lahaina has a population of around 11,700 residents on an area of 9.3 square miles (24.1 square kilometers). The area in which Lahaina currently is located was settled in the 1820s. In fact, Lahaina is one of the most popular tourist destinations in this part of the US, managing to draw more than 30,000 visitors every year. Visiting Lahaina surely is a choice you will never regret, as the place offers some amazing views and the best recreational options.
Top Attractions within Lahaina
The Historic Pioneer Inn and the Baldwin House are located near the old fort built in 1831 in Lahaina, for defense purposes. Visiting these great places of an unique historical importance will be the best choice to make, mostly if you are interested in the way the area was formed and its past.
Lahaina Halloween Festivals are famous all around the United States. In fact, the celebrations held for Halloween manage to draw more than 30,000 people to the islands every year. Costume parades, shows and contests, make tourists love to visit Lahaina during this time of the year.
Kaanapali Sportfishing is an amazingly beautiful beach located in Lahaina. This place is ideal to visit if you want to enjoy a relaxing walk in a place of a scenic beauty, but also if you are only willing to admire the wonderful views and the sunset. Of course, you can always plan a day out at the beach and enjoy all type of water sports. Another great beach in Lahaina is Kapalua Kai, which has actually been listed as one of the best in the world.
Wo Hing Temple Museum is the place that has to be visited in Lahaina, at least of you are interested in the Asian history of the area, and not only. Various religious artifacts can be admired here, but the place is also great to learn everything there is to know about the cultural background of Lahania. If you are interested and passionate about arts, make sure to include Sargent's Fine Art Gallery into your route to this beautiful Hawaii island.
Five Things You Must Do in Lahaina
Lahaina city is lush green land in West Maui, Hawaii. Famous beaches namely Kapalua and Kaanapali are at a short distance from here. The weather is dry and the droughts affect the entire country to a certain extent. Lahaina is also known as the capital of Hawaiian Royal Kingdom.
1. Courthouse Square: The square is famous for an old and rather large banyan tree, the tree is a must see, as it has spread over a large area.
2. Kapalua Beach: This is one of the exotic beaches near Lahaina. The atmosphere is calm and extremely enchanting. The water is safe to swim and an ideal place to view romantic sunsets.
3. Halloween Celebration: The Halloween festival in Lahaina is celebrated with a parade. Around 20,000 to 30,000 people come here to visit during the Halloween celebration. The celebration starts in the evening with a parade of children and later on the adults join the parade.
4. Surfing and Boarding: The city of Lahaina comprises of exotic beaches and coastlines. Adventure loving tourists can try out surfing there are different types of surfing in the ocean. These include body surfing, long board surfing, canoe surfing, stand up paddle surfing, boogie surfing and short board surfing.
5. Lahaina Pali Trail: The Lahaina Pali Trail is one of the difficult trails. The trail comprises of a 1600 feet climb in a hot and dry environment. After climbing up the hikers can view the ocean and coastline. For more information on the Trail click on the link.