Lake Charles is deemed as one of the major cities that are important from an educational and cultural point of view. The city also serves as the 'Calcasieu Parish' seat. There are a variety of places one can visit in Lake Charles. Since 1861, when Lake Charles was founded under the name of Chaleston, which changed to Lake Charles in 1867, till now, the area has known and impressive development. Nowadays, Lake Charles also is an important tourist destination for people from all around the world, due to the many festivals held here, but also the unique sights of interest that can be seen in this area of the US.
1. Imperial Calcasieu Museum: The museum in Lake Charles comprises of many historical items, pictures and prints. This includes a large collection of old kitchen items, Victorian parlor, a Sillier Oak dating back over 300 years and an old shop.
2. Guided ventures: At Lake Charles, guided ventures can be exciting trips. Various enjoyments such as hunting of wild animals can be experienced here. Some of the wild animals are ducks, doves, alligators, boars, quails, chuckers, squirrel, rabbit, pheasant, deer, teal and geese.
3. The lake guide service: If you want more excitement on the lake, then go for the lake guide service. You can hire charter boats and there are special husband and wife charter boats, available on the lake. Enjoy light fishing, flounder and reds on the boats. This is accompanied by other activities such as duck hunting.
4. Boozoos Zydeco Festival: Located on the country club road, in Lake Charles city. The Annual festival held by Boozoo Chavis is an event that must be experienced there are lots of red beans, dough pies and barbeques added into the charm of the festival. You can also enjoy the performances of Zydeco.
5. Calcasieu Parish library: Located in N Simmons Street, Calcasieu Library is a heaven for book lovers.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Lake Charles. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Lake Charles||Directions to Lake Charles||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|