Lake Park is a lovely town located in Florida, United States. Part of Beach County, Lake Park has a population of 8,700 residents and an area of 2.3 square miles (6.1 square kilometers). The town was initially established under the name of Kelsey City. Throughout the years, the area of Lake Park was expanded, while businesses and industrial facilities opened in this beautiful town. Lake Park is now the best place to visit in Beach County, at least if you want to enjoy a great relaxing vacation.
Top Attractions within Lake Park
The Lake Park Town Hall is considered to be one of the most impressive buildings of the city, being listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In fact, the Lake Park Town Hall was built in 1927 and it has managed to survive a hurricane.
Mos' Art Theatre is the most beautiful places to be in if you want to watch great performances of local artists. Here you will be able to enjoy numerous stage performances and shows of the best quality, while spending an amazing time. Attending a live performance in this great spot is the best way to spend a cultural night out in Lake Park.
Anchorage Park is an amusement park located in the city. In this place you will be able to have a lot of fun and you will definitely manage to spend an incredible time. The amusement park offers entertainment options for people of all ages, and this place should definitely be visited if you are on a trip with your children. The park is actually one of the most appreciated amusement venues in the whole state of Florida.
Blue Heron Fleet was first established in 1955. Located near, Lake Park this is the best venue to be in if you love fishing. Cruising and boating are other activities that can be enjoyed in this great spot.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lake Park
One thing is for sure, and that is that Florida has no shortage of sunshine, water and fresh air. When it comes to combining all three into one beautiful location, Lake Park offers some of the best east Florida coast activities and entertainments you could ask for; without big city hassles. So if you're ready for some fun in the sun, check out just a few of the things to do in Lake Park.
1) Go fishing: Lake Park Marina offers a starting point for many different types of open sea and lake fishing trips along the eastern Florida seaboard. The Lake Park Marina also offers moorings and parking for recreational vehicles. Spend the day on the ocean fishing for marlin or tuna.
2) Visit Peanut Island Campground: Talk about a getaway! Peanut Island is surrounded by Intracoastal Waterways and offers camping facilities for one day to weeklong stays.
3) Explore Island Chains: With the close proximity of numerous small island chains, Lake Park campgrounds in and around the coastal city offer adventure and hiking options to young and old alike. There is plenty of wildlife, fresh air and sand.
4) Visit Playmobil FunPark: With its exterior that resembles a castle and its themed spaces, everything from pirates to fairy tales; farms to police, this park is the perfect place to spend a rainy afternoon with the children.
5) Enjoy Kelsey Park: This waterfront municipal park offers visitors somewhere to eat, to laze in the sun, or to spend hours watching boats coming and going.
Lake Park,FloridaUnited States