One thing is for sure, and that is that Florida has no shortage of sunshine, water and fresh air. When it comes to combining all three into one beautiful location, Lake Park offers some of the best east Florida coast activities and entertainments you could ask for; without big city hassles. So if you're ready for some fun in the sun, check out just a few of the things to do in Lake Park.
1) Go fishing: Lake Park Marina offers a starting point for many different types of open sea and lake fishing trips along the eastern Florida seaboard. The Lake Park Marina also offers moorings and parking for recreational vehicles. Spend the day on the ocean fishing for marlin or tuna.
2) Visit Peanut Island Campground: Talk about a getaway! Peanut Island is surrounded by Intracoastal Waterways and offers camping facilities for one day to weeklong stays.
3) Explore Island Chains: With the close proximity of numerous small island chains, Lake Park campgrounds in and around the coastal city offer adventure and hiking options to young and old alike. There is plenty of wildlife, fresh air and sand.
4) Visit Playmobil FunPark: With its exterior that resembles a castle and its themed spaces, everything from pirates to fairy tales; farms to police, this park is the perfect place to spend a rainy afternoon with the children.
5) Enjoy Kelsey Park: This waterfront municipal park offers visitors somewhere to eat, to laze in the sun, or to spend hours watching boats coming and going.