Lake Villa is a lovely village in Illinois, United States. Part of Lake County, Lake Villa has a population of over 5,800 residents and an area of 6.5 square miles (17 square kilometers). Lake Villa was settled in the early 19th century, but the village was incorporated only in 1901. Lake Villa is a wonderful place, filled with opportunities to spend an amazing time, the village being the home of many festivals and sport events.
Top Attractions within Lake Villa
Crooked Lake Resort is a place in which you will find the best recreational options in Lake Villa. No matter what types of experiences you plan on enjoying during your stay in Lake Villa, you will not be disappointed, as the city is filled with amazing entertainment options.
Hickory Knoll Golf Course has to be included into the routes of all visitors arriving in Lake Villa. The golf course you will be able to find here will offer you a challenging experience and there is no way you are not going to love being here. The golf course is located on a hilly terrain, being also perfect for walking. Tourists of all ages will find this sports venue as an amazing place to spend a day out and have a great time, but you should know that there are numerous other amusement and sport facilities that can be visited in Lake Villa.
Lake Villa Historical Society will introduce you the the past of the whole area and when visiting this museum you will be able to learn everything there is to know about the history and the development of this village. Painters Edge Paint and Strain Center is another cultural venue of the beautiful Illinois village.
Lake Villa District Library surely is a place that has to be included into your route when visiting Lake Villa. This is a great spot to be in if you love reading, but also if you are interested in the history and development of the area in which the wonderful village is located.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lake Villa
There is plenty in Lake Villa to keep the entire family entertained, even if everyone likes to do something different. Blue skies, wide-open countryside and urban activities keep locals and travellers busy all year round.
1) Visit Glacier Park: With ample swimming and even a boat launch, Glacier Park is a great place to spend the day enjoying water sports or just splashing around. The water is fresh, clean and cool.
2) Visit Lehmann Park: One of the favourite spots of locals, Lehmann Park offers picnic facilities, volleyball courts and playground equipment for the younger crowd. Enjoy a day in the park; go swimming, have a barbecue and end the day with a rousing game of volleyball.
3) Visit the Lehmann Mansion: This gracious, southern-style mansion was built at the turn of the 20th century. If you enjoy architecture this is the place to visit. These days it is most often used for weddings, but tours of the rooms are still available. Step back in time and enjoy the ambience. For more information on the Mansion click on the link.
4) Follow the trails: Lake Villa offers a large number of trails that skirt the town limits. Horseback riding, trail bike riding and hiking trails offer something for everyone close to the city limits.
5) Relax at Sherwood Memorial Park: If you want a relaxing day to take you away from the stress of work or driving, Sherwood Memorial Park fits the bill. Horseshow pits, playgrounds for the children and tennis courts are available all year round for both locals and travellers to enjoy.
Lake Villa,IllinoisUnited States