Lake Worth is a wonderful city located in Florida, United States. Situated in Palm Beach County, Lake Worth was founded in the 1880s, but the city was incorporated only in 1912. Currently, Lake Worth has an area of 6.46 square miles (16.7 square kilometers) and a population of about 34,900 residents. The city is also known under the name of Lake Worth Lagoon. Several damages were produced to Lake Worth in 1928, after the hurricane which affected the whole area. The spectacular development of Lake Worth started after World War II, Lake Worth becoming now one of the most popular cities to visit in the state of Florida.
Top Attractions within Lake Worth
The Municipal Beach is a spot of an unique beauty. This is one of the most popular beaches in Florida. The Lake Worth Beach is the perfect place to relax, take a walk and enjoy the sunset, but here you will also find amenities to enjoy all type of water sports. There is no way you will not spend a great time in this Lake Worth venue. Many restaurants and shops can be found in the proximity of the Lake Worth Beach.
Bryant Park is also located in Lake Worth. The park hosts many events and festivals, but it also is a great attraction to visit in Lake Worth when you want to plan a picnic or just enjoy a walk to admire the beauties of the city.
John Prince Park is another beautiful nature spot in Lake Worth, also offering scenic views over Lake Osbourne. Walking trails, biking areas, as well as picnic and camping grounds can be found here. If you love volleyball, you should know that John Prince Park features a great course for the sport.
Adventures Mini Golf features an 18-hole golf course and it currently is a popular location among golf passionates and not only. The sports venue is however just one of the many you will be able to find in Lake Worth. The Poiniciana Country Club, Atlantis Country Club and Lake Worth Municipal Golf Course are other amazing golf facilities in the city, offering high quality services and amazing views.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lake Worth
Nestled on the coastline, Lake Worth attracts a wide variety of visitors flocking south for warmer climes as well as vacationing couples and families looking for something a little different in their vacation plans. The weather is always cooperative, and there's always plenty to do.
1) Visit the Casino Arcade: The children will love this place that offers the best in arcade games and entertainment. Grown-ups like it too and there's plenty of games to choose from so waiting times are rarely long. Found on Military Trail, the Casino Arcade is one of the most popular places in town.
2) Visit the Playhouse: The Lake Worth Playhouse is one of the oldest listed buildings in Palm Beach County. Built in the Art Deco style, the playhouse offers award-winning first run independent and international films on a nightly basis.
3) Stroll through the streets: Downtown Lake Worth is an art community that offers plenty of visual stimulation and shopping opportunities for locals and visitors alike. For a truly nostalgic experience visit the trendy downtown area.
4) Go Shopping: Lake Worth offers a wealth of boutiques, galleries and art shops to delight art aficionados of all types. Art Deco blends with the contemporary in the windows that line the streets.
5) Enjoy a meal: The downtown area of Lake Worth attracts not only art buffs, but those who like to experience different cuisines. South Florida dining at its best offers locals and visitors alike a large number of restaurants, covering a wide variety of cooking styles.