It's easy to see why visitors who pass through this area of Illinois almost always come back. There's something about the wide-open spaces and down-home charm of Lake Zurich that always touches the hearts of travellers and visitors who yearn for the simple pleasures in life.
1) Check out the Forest Preserve: Spend the day hiking at the Lake Zurich forest preserve. Or spend a few hours enjoying the new Lake Carina forest preserve a short distance away. Fresh air and clean, well-marked trails await hikers of various levels and experience. For Trail information click on the link.
2) Enjoy the Lake Zurich Village Singers: For an afternoon or evening of audio enjoyment, turn off the MP3 player and enjoy a performance by the Lake Zurich Village Singers. Nostalgia competes with the latest in music when these voices lift in song.
3) Go whitewater rafting: During season, visitors can experience white water rafting on some of the many rivers that flow through Lake County. Check with the local Chamber of Commerce for the best times to face the challenge of the wild water.
4) Go figure skating: It doesn't have to be winter to enjoy ice-skating in Lake Zurich. If the ice isn't firm on the lake, visit the Wagon Wheel Figure Skating Club for some icy fun.
5) Spend the day hiking: Enjoy the many hiking trails in and around Lake Zurich. Take a break for a picnic and then enjoy water sports at Lake Zurich to cool off. The water's cool and clean, so jump in!