Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Save More When You Compare Car Rental Deals in Lake Zurich
Lake Zurich is a village located in Lake County, Illinois, United States of America. Lake Zurich is a suburb of Chicago and the name of the village comes from a lake within its limits, also called Lake Zurich. The population of Lake Zurich is of approximately 20.000 residents and the area is of almost 7 square miles.
In 2006, the village was named one of the Best Places to Raise Your Family and one of the most Affordable Places to Live in the Country. Lake Zurich was settled by European colonists in 1830 and was initially named Cedar Lake. Eventually, the village was incorporated in 1896 as Lake Zurich.
Top Things to Do in Lake Zurich
It's easy to see why visitors who pass through this area of Illinois almost always come back. There's something about the wide-open spaces and down-home charm of Lake Zurich that always touches the hearts of travellers and visitors who yearn for the simple pleasures in life.
1) Check out the Forest Preserve: Spend the day hiking at the Lake Zurich forest preserve. Or spend a few hours enjoying the new Lake Carina forest preserve a short distance away. Fresh air and clean, well-marked trails await hikers of various levels and experience. For Trail information click on the link.
2) Enjoy the Lake Zurich Village Singers: For an afternoon or evening of audio enjoyment, turn off the MP3 player and enjoy a performance by the Lake Zurich Village Singers. Nostalgia competes with the latest in music when these voices lift in song.
3) Go whitewater rafting: During season, visitors can experience white water rafting on some of the many rivers that flow through Lake County. Check with the local Chamber of Commerce for the best times to face the challenge of the wild water.
4) Go figure skating: It doesn't have to be winter to enjoy ice-skating in Lake Zurich. If the ice isn't firm on the lake, visit the Wagon Wheel Figure Skating Club for some icy fun.
5) Spend the day hiking: Enjoy the many hiking trails in and around Lake Zurich. Take a break for a picnic and then enjoy water sports at Lake Zurich to cool off. The water's cool and clean, so jump in!
Top Attractions within Lake Zurich
Twin Orchard Country Club Red Course is a golf club with not one, but two wonderful golf courses, both of 18 holes. These are both amazing and golfing on one of these courses is an unique experience. Even if you are not a golf pro or fan, you can still spend a lovely day at this luxurious club where you can pamper yourself with a great meal and great city views of Lake Zurich.
Lake Zurich is a glacial lake located inside the village bearing the same name. You can enjoy swimming, boating or fishing and its placement in the middle of the nature makes the lake great for relaxation or for family fun.
Dinner by Design is a beautiful restaurant located downtown Lake Zurich. You can have a tasty meal in a gorgeous ambiance and enjoy great dishes of the local cuisine.
Bub's Pub & Grub Incorporated is a welcoming bar where you can have a quick drink while visiting Lake Zurich. The place is very unpretentious and friendly, so, you will surely have a great time mingling with the locals of this lovely village.
United States, Illinois, United States
Top depots in Lake Zurich
- Avis Lake Zurich-village Square Auto Center - 495 South Rand Road, Lake Zurich, .
- Budget Lake Zurich Il - 495 South Rand Road, Village Square Auto Center, Lake Zurich, .
Other locations near Lake Zurich