A land of ancient beauty, forests filled with Native and Early American history, rivers that glisten in the springtime sunshine and mountains covered with heavy mists in winter, Tennessee offers nature lovers a wealth of opportunities and activities all year round. Lakeland is a historical town, rich with culture.
1) Visit the Beechcraft Heritage Museum: For an afternoon filled with nostalgia and wonder, adults and children alike will be filled with awe at the historical artefacts and exhibits to be seen at the Beechcraft Heritage Museum.
2) Tour the Jack Daniel's Distillery: Most adults would find a tour of the Jack Daniel's Distillery not only entertaining but educational as well. Found in Cascade Hollow, the Distillery has a rich history of its own that is not to be missed.
3) Enjoy a hike: While away the afternoon on the Short Springs Nature Trail. Filled with flora and fauna the trail offers a relaxing afternoon for everyone. Get out, stretch those legs and enjoy the beautiful colours of rural Tennessee.
4) Visit the Fort: History comes alive at the Old Stone Fort State Park. The highlight of the park is the Old Stone Fort itself, a 2,000 year-old Native American ceremonial site. Tour the grounds of the park, read the markers and follow trails forged by ghosts of the past.
5) Enjoy the culture: Visit the Tullahoma Fine Arts Center, just a short distance from downtown Lakeland. The talents of local and national artists continuously awe visitors and residents alike.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Lakeland. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Lakeland||Directions to Lakeland||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|