Lakeland is a city located Shelby County, Tennessee. With a population of 12.000 residents and an area of 18 square miles, Lakeland Tennessee is a suburb of Memphis. The education of the children in the area relies on the Shelby County Schools and the main employers of Lakeland citizens are from Memphis. Lakeland is a quiet and peaceful city, this is why many people from the near cities come here to relax and spend quality time with their families. If you are thinking about visiting Lakeland Tennessee, do not hesitate. The city has a lot of attractions, great for singles, but also for families.
Top Attractions within Lakeland
Paintball Park is an exciting place where locals of Lakeland and also tourists often gather to have fun. The park is adventurous and exciting and the activity is fun and entertaining. Paintball is great for everyone and this specific place in Lakeland is one of the hot spots of this great city.
Stenebridge Golf Course is an 18-hole course located in Lakeland, occupying almost 7000 yards. The course is really challenging and exciting, so, many golf aficionados often organize all type of competitions here. You can join a competition or just watch it. Either way, spending time at this golf course will be a really awesome experience.
Colonial Country Club is a private club near Lakeland Tennessee where you can enjoy another beautiful golf course. This is a fancier place and the employees will be at your disposal, ready to help you with everything you could need. If you want to enjoy a luxurious golfing experience, this is the best place to choose in Lakeland.
Davies Manor Plantation is a historical site from Lakeland. You can admire the great house and the surroundings and enter each room to hear the detailed explanations of the guide related to the history of this beautiful Lakeland Tennessee manor.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lakeland, TN
A land of ancient beauty, forests filled with Native and Early American history, rivers that glisten in the springtime sunshine and mountains covered with heavy mists in winter, Tennessee offers nature lovers a wealth of opportunities and activities all year round. Lakeland is a historical town, rich with culture.
1) Visit the Beechcraft Heritage Museum: For an afternoon filled with nostalgia and wonder, adults and children alike will be filled with awe at the historical artefacts and exhibits to be seen at the Beechcraft Heritage Museum.
2) Tour the Jack Daniel's Distillery: Most adults would find a tour of the Jack Daniel's Distillery not only entertaining but educational as well. Found in Cascade Hollow, the Distillery has a rich history of its own that is not to be missed.
3) Enjoy a hike: While away the afternoon on the Short Springs Nature Trail. Filled with flora and fauna the trail offers a relaxing afternoon for everyone. Get out, stretch those legs and enjoy the beautiful colours of rural Tennessee.
4) Visit the Fort: History comes alive at the Old Stone Fort State Park. The highlight of the park is the Old Stone Fort itself, a 2,000 year-old Native American ceremonial site. Tour the grounds of the park, read the markers and follow trails forged by ghosts of the past.
5) Enjoy the culture: Visit the Tullahoma Fine Arts Center, just a short distance from downtown Lakeland. The talents of local and national artists continuously awe visitors and residents alike.