Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Compare Lakeland Car Rental - The Best Deals Online
Lakeland is a city of around 100 thousand people, located in Central Florida between Orlando
. Unsurprisingly, Lakeland contains 38 major and minor lakes, the largest of which is Lake Parker. In recent decades, Lakeland has experienced one of Florida's larger population booms, with a 105-percent rise in its number of residents between 1980 and 2010!
If you need to book a car rental in Lakeland, or anywhere in Central Florida, VroomVroomVroom wants to be your source for comparing the best rates on rental cars! We compare Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz in Lakeland. We are the experts in car rental rate comparison, and our system will provide you with a wide range of choices from all the top rental car agencies in Lakeland.
You will save money and save time when you book with us, because there are no hidden fees, no cancellation fees, and every price we quote shows you a total that includes the taxes and fees you would be charged for the rental car or truck. In other words, we tell you the true, final price in the search results, and you can compare accurately between different types of vehicles and different providers. This is what puts us head-and-shoulders above the competition!
Reasons to book a rental car in LakelandYour cheap car rental will give you the freedom you want to have a great time in Lakeland. If you're a baseball fan, you could drive your rental car north to Joker Marchant Stadium, which is the spring training home of the Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball. During the season, the Lakeland Flying Tigers class-A and Gulf Coast League Tigers rookie-league baseball teams also play their home games at the stadium.
When you want to enjoy a great meal in Lakeland with friends, family or co-workers, we highly recommend Café Zuppina. This restaurant is the top-reviewed eatery in Lakeland, and features interesting and delicious Turkish dishes. Another popular place to eat is Harry's Seafood, Bar, and Grille. Harry's serves fresh seafood in a wonderful atmosphere, and is an affordable yet amazing place for lunch or dinner!
If you're just feeling like picking up some great pizza, hop into your cheap car rental and drive over to Primo's Pizza for a slice or a whole pie – the locals say it's the best pizza in town! Another popular pizzeria is Romeo's. Try them both and compare… it's no problem when you've booked an affordable car rental to cruise around Lakeland!
Top Attractions in LakelandPolk Theater
is the historic theater of Lakeland. Built in 1928 with 1440 seats, the building was designed by architect J.E. Casale and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993 as the Polk Theater and Office Building.Dixieland Historic District
is a historic district located downtown Lakeland. The district is limited by Walnut Street, Florida Avenue, Lake Hunter, Hartsell Avenue and Belvedere Street and is the home of 556 buildings with historical importance.Central Avenue School
is a historic school located in Lakeland City. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1999. Nowadays, the building is home to the West Area Adult School and it can be visited by all tourists.Lakeland Center
is a multi-purpose arena located downtown. It is opened since 1974 and it was previously named Lakeland Civic Center. It has its current name since 1994. The center is a venue for games and concerts that the city hosts.Beacon Hill
– Alta Vista Residential District is another historic district of Lakeland, near West Beacon Road. This is the home of 77 historic buildings of major importance in the heritage of Lakeland.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lakeland, FL
Lakeland, situated in central Florida, offers a wealth of activities, amusements and entertainment venues to travellers and locals alike. Beautiful blue skies and pleasant year-round temperatures offer temptations for all ages.1. Visit the Lakeland Center:
The place to go for a variety of entertainments, the Lakeland Center offers venues for sporting as well as live entertainment events, sporting matches, Broadway shows, rock concerts and conventions.
2. Take in a Ball Game: Come spring training, Lakeland is the home of the Detroit Tigers. Since 1934 the Tigers have provided entertainment to locals who spend lazy afternoons enjoying the crack of bats and the smell of good, old-fashioned peanuts.
3. Enjoy the Sun 'n Fun EAA Fly-In: Every year Lakeland hosts one of Florida's largest conventions and historic air shows. Planes, large and small, thrill visitors with aerial displays and hands-on viewing. Enjoy the once-in-a-lifetime event that draws 300,000 visitors a year.
4. Enjoy the Mayfaire By-the-Lake Art Show: The wide variety of arts and styles at the Mayfaire By-the-Lake Art show ensures that there is something special for everyone, from the novice to the expert art lover. Enjoy the craft, the colours and the exquisite artworks crafted by local and national artists.
5. Enjoy a hike: Visitors are guaranteed to be enthralled with the Lake Morton Bird Sanctuary. Home to many domestic waterfowl, a walk through the sanctuary is sure to provide enjoyment for all ages and activity levels. Enjoy a day out in the sun, watching and listening to nature's bounty.
United States, Florida, United States
Other locations near Lakeland