Lakewood is a city located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States of America. Nicknamed City of Beautiful Homes, Lakewood is located on one of the borders of the county and of the state and is part of the Greater Cleveland Area. Lakewood Ohio has a population of approximately 53.000 residents and an area of 6.7 square miles. Thanks to its great surroundings and growth opportunities, Lakewood Ohio was named in 2010 Best Place to Raise Your Kids and in 2008 the Best City to Buy a House In. Neighborhoods of Lakewood include Arts District, Birdtown, Clifton Boulevard, Clifton Park, Downtown Lakewood, The Edge, The Gold Coast, Rockport Square and West End.
Top Attractions within Lakewood Ohio
Lakewood Park is located lake-front and has a great view of downtown Cleveland. The park is used as a venue for concerts, but is also a place suitable for community activities and exercising. You can enjoy a swimming pool, picnic areas, playgrounds, sport fields and a skate park, all within the area of Lakewood Park. If you want to admire the Cleveland skyline, you have telescopes at your disposal.
Rocky River Reservation and Lakewood Dog Park is another leisure area located within the city. You can take long walks or benefit of the great hiking and biking trails.
Lakewood Ohio Public Library is a winner of numerous awards for being on the top 5 libraries of America. Believe it or not, this library is one of the best places to hang out within the city and a lot of people of all ages come to this spot not only for the pleasure of reading, but also of socializing.
Beck Center for Arts is a large cultural center, a venue for concerts, theatrical productions and art shows. Beck also offers great exhibitions and collections of local artists.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lakewood, OH
Being close to Cleveland, the city of Lakewood not only offers big city options, it also offers outdoor activities as well as the cultural arts. Whether you see a live music show or go shopping in town, Lakewood always has something to do.
1. Visit the park: Lakewood Park has it all; live entertainment, recreation and athletic fields! One of the largest parks in the state, Lakewood Park has baseball, basketball and volleyball courts as well as an outdoor swimming pool and skate park.
2. Visit the library: One of the top 5 libraries in the United States for its size, the Lakewood Public Library has two branches for residents and visitors to check out a book, or to just relax and read a magazine.
3. Enjoy a cultural event: The Beck Center for the Arts in Lakewood is the largest cultural centre in the Northeastern part of Ohio and often stages theatre productions as well as events, concerts or other cultural activities and shows.
4. Visit the art gallery: In the city of Lakewood there are several art galleries to enjoy: the Pop Shop, the Local Girl Gallery, the Dead Horse Gallery and the Wobblefoot Gallery.
5. Enjoy the nightlife: In Lakewood the popular bar scene is located along Madison and Detroit Avenues, which can be perfect for a night on the town. Live entertainment or sports games can be found at a number of local bars.