In Fairfield County there are many attractions and activities to keep you busy. From museums that feature Civil War artefacts to covered bridge tours there is enough history in Lancaster to keep anyone happy.
1. Get back to nature: Anyone who loves the outdoors would be happy to hear about the many trails and parks in Lancaster. There are miles of hiking trails, nature parks and reserves for everyone to enjoy.
2. Enjoy a festival: The Lancaster Festival Orchestra and many other musicians and artists take part in the 12 day festival with musical choices ranging from classical to jazz. There are a variety of other festivals throughout the year, ranging from seasonal to cultural.
3. Check out a historic village: The county of Fairfield has a variety of small historical villages that are filled with history and artefacts from the past. If you want to get away from the big city life, step back in time to one of these little villages.
4. Visit a museum: A historic stop in the city of Lancaster, the birthplace of General William Tecumseh Sherman and his brother is now a museum. The museum contains furniture and items that were used by the Sherman family, as well as other Civil War memorabilia.
5. Discover the covered bridges: Ohio is second only to Pennyslvania in having the largest number of authentic covered bridges. Fairfield County has the most in the state of Ohio. The majority of these interesting old bridges were built between 1871-1906 and you can still drive through them.