Located not far from Washington D.C. the city of Lanham is not only close to many historical buildings and museums, but also has its own attractions to offer.
1. Go hiking: There are hiking trails in Lanham that can be enjoyed by anyone who loves the outdoors. Whether you take the trails for hiking or cycling, getting back to nature will definitely be rewarding.
2. Relax in the Park: After a long day of sightseeing in Washington D.C. what better way to unwind than to spend a day relaxing in one of Lanham's many parks. While recreational activities like sports are available, it is also a great location to take the family for a picnic.
3. Visit a museum: About 13 miles away in the city of Colesville is the National Capital Trolley Museum. This location is steeped in the history of the electric and city railways of Washington D.C. There is a visitor's centre and trolley rides for the public.
4. Get back to nature: No more than 20 miles away from Lanham is the Audubon Naturalist Society of the Central Atlantic States. This is a wonderful place to see nature at its best and offers many family and school programmes. Enjoy the wildlife and other sanctuaries on one of the many hiking trails.
5. Head to College Park: An affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, the College Park Aviation Museum was founded in 1909 when Wilbur Wright was an instructor to military aviators. See reconstructions of aircraft as well as a variety of exhibits.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Lanham. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Lanham||Directions to Lanham||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|