Lanham Car Rental Comparison: Car rentals on a budget
Fun Fact: And because it is not formally incorporated, Lanham has no official boundaries.
Top Attractions within LanhamForever Young MedSpa in Lanham is a wonderful spot to visit, as there are many treatments to make you relax and enjoy your time spent in Lanham. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the staff is very friendly. Your mind and body will refresh and your skin will look amazing. A great vacation spent in Lanham is not complete if you will not come at this spa.
National Mall and Memorial Parks in Lanham will take you back in history and will be a delight for you. It hosts many American icons and memorial, as well as an historic parkland. Here, tourists can find the Vietnam Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial and those of many other important figures from the United States. It is one of the places in Lanham that must not be forgotten, as it has many important things to learn its visitors. This attraction is perfect for those that like history and culture, wanting to enrich their knowledge and to find out more about the past. Kids will also love this place as they will have the opportunity to have a better view over the history and will understand the events easier.
George Washington's Mansion is an old building with a nice architectural style that will catch you eyes and will be a great example of how buildings were made at that time. The mansion has been restored in 1799 and is also the place where George and Martha Washington are buried. This attraction will give visitors the opportunity to learn more about the past of Lanham, but not only.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lanham
Located not far from Washington D.C. the city of Lanham is not only close to many historical buildings and museums, but also has its own attractions to offer.
1. Go hiking: There are hiking trails in Lanham that can be enjoyed by anyone who loves the outdoors. Whether you take the trails for hiking or cycling, getting back to nature will definitely be rewarding.
2. Relax in the Park: After a long day of sightseeing in Washington D.C. what better way to unwind than to spend a day relaxing in one of Lanham's many parks. While recreational activities like sports are available, it is also a great location to take the family for a picnic.
3. Visit a museum: About 13 miles away in the city of Colesville is the National Capital Trolley Museum. This location is steeped in the history of the electric and city railways of Washington D.C. There is a visitor's centre and trolley rides for the public.
4. Get back to nature: No more than 20 miles away from Lanham is the Audubon Naturalist Society of the Central Atlantic States. This is a wonderful place to see nature at its best and offers many family and school programmes. Enjoy the wildlife and other sanctuaries on one of the many hiking trails.
5. Head to College Park: An affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, the College Park Aviation Museum was founded in 1909 when Wilbur Wright was an instructor to military aviators. See reconstructions of aircraft as well as a variety of exhibits.