Lansdale is a borough in Montgomery County, Pennsylvannia, United States and is known for its agricultural activity, brickyards, factories and several manufacturers, but over the years, Lansdale has become a nice tourist attraction and each year, many people come to spend their vacation here. Culture is also very developed in Lansdale and visitors will find interesting things to admire here.
Top Attractions within Lansdale
The Lansdale Center for the Performing Arts opened in 2009 and is a nice place where people can participate in many events that will relax and will offer them a wonderful time when they are in Lansdale. The reception of the center is also a gallery where visitors can admire many art work of the local artists and also buy interesting souvenirs for them or for those they love. This arts center is very important for enhancing the local community, values and its culture, so if you also love art and beauty, this is where you have to come when you arrive in Lansdale.
Kugel ball is a nice point of interest in Lansdale. It is a sculpture made from a granite ball, which is supported by water. The water flows under it very fats and with a great pressure in order to be able to support the big granite ball. As the water lubricates it, the big ball spins, so it is very interesting to see something like that. Especially kids will love this ball and will be very interesting for them also, so do not forget about this place when you will visit Lansdale.
Country Barn Farm Land is located in Lansdale and it offers many great things such as a country farm market, a greenhouse, giftshops and a corn maze. Visiting this place, is the perfect opportunity for the entire family to know better how is the authentic farm life, so it will be an educational, but also recreational experience. It includes Easter Bunny Village, Barnyard Babies Petting Farm, Pig Racing and Pick-Your-Own Pumpkins.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lansdale
Less than 30 miles away from Philadelphia the city of Lansdale has a variety of parks, shops and restaurants to please everyone. Whether you want to drive into the big city or stay in Lansdale, there are many things to see and do.
1. Visit a museum: There are many museums located near Lansdale that appeal to a variety of cultural interests. The Valley Forge National Park and Museum is a great historical location, while the Pearl S. Buck Cultural Center and the James A. Michner Art Museum appeal to art and culture lovers.
2. Check out the theatre: There is a variety of live performances and productions at the Bucks County Playhouse. There are other theatres in the area as well, such as the Dutch Country Players Theatre and Mill Theatre.
3. Have fun with the family: Go to a family fun centre where all the family can have a great time. Freddy's Family Fun Center, and Garden Golf and Sports offer recreational opportunities for people of all ages.
4. Relax with a game of golf: In Lansdale, there are many golf courses to choose from for players of any level. There is the Center Square Golf Club, as well as a variety of other courses. Relax in the outdoors and fresh air, surrounded by the beautiful landscape.
5. Head to the big city: If you want to see the sights and sounds of a large city, head into Philadelphia. With museums and historical buildings, there is plenty to enjoy!