Lansing Car Rental Comparison
Did you know that Lansing is called "The Heart of Michigan"? Ah! You can definitely fall head over heels in love with the city's beauty.
Best way to travel: Car or Bicycle
#1 thing to do: Wharton Center for Performing Arts
#2 thing to do: Potter Park Zoo
#3 thing to do: Impression 5 Science Center
Fun Fact: The founding of Lansing was actually a scam. Two brothers who were from New York surveyed the area which was underwater for most of the year then sold it to 16 men (who were all from Lansing) telling them that it had an area of 65 blocks, contained a church and also a public and academic square.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise
Top 5 Things to Do in Lansing
The city of Lansing has many recreational activities as well a variety of art galleries, museums and theatres. Being the capital city of Michigan, touring the Capital building is a 'must see' destination, along with many other tours.
1. Visit an art gallery: In Lansing, there are many art galleries with a vast array of prints and photographs. The art galleries exhibit work from around the world.
2. Walk through the garden: Cooley Gardens was planted around 100 years ago, and is now a haven for garden lovers. Complete with park benches and a picnic area, the garden is not only a perfect spot to stop and smell the roses, but also a great place for a wedding.
3. Follow the nature trails: The Fenner Nature Center is an interactive centre with nature trails, a visitor center and a library. There are festivals that take place here throughout the year, as well as a summer nature camp.
4. Enjoy a cruise: Try a themed riverboat cruise. Enjoy a murder mystery play or dance to live music, featuring a variety of styles from country and western to retro-disco. The J & K Steamboat Company offers three riverboats for these events; the Grand River, Michigan Princess and Princess Laura.
5. Enjoy a ride: Sundance Riding Stables offers 1 hour or all day horseback rides, pony rides for small children, and riding lessons for people who request them. The stables are open to private parties and also feature the largest indoor riding arena in the state.