Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Laurel Car Rental Comparison : Find your top car hire needs all in one place!
Drive in savings and compare the cheapest car rental in Laurel..
Did you know that Laurel is home to the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art?
Best Way to Travel: Train, Car
#1 Thing to Do: Lauren Rogers Museum of Art
#2 Thing to Do: Landrum's Homestead & Village
#3 Thing to Do: Dixie Golf Association
Fun Fact: The Lauren Rogers Museum of Art is the oldest art museum in Mississippi.
#1 Car Rental Company: Hertz
Laurel is a city in Jones County, Mississippi, United States. In Laurel live about 18, 300 inhabitants. Laurel is an old location that was founded in 1882, but was very affected by the Hurricane Katrina. The good part is that Laurel managed to recover and today is a wonderful place for spending a weekend or a vacation.
Top Attractions within Laurel
Laurel Rogers Museum of Art is located in Laurel and showcases important items, which are relevant for the art developing process in this area. For those visitors that are passioned about art and creativity, this is the place in Laurel Mississippi where they have to go. Many art collections will delight hem with their beauty and originality.
Laurel Country Club is also located in Laurel and provides great golfing experiences. Golf equipments, a large and grassy area, framed by tall and wonderful trees, make the atmosphere very refreshing and perfect for having fun and staying fit while you are on vacation. Here, anyone can have fun here and learn how to play golf for the first time. Kids, adults and teenagers will enjoy their time spent here and will want to come back. Golf trainers are very nice and ready to show you how to become a great golf player, but skills and experience do not matter. All that people have to do is to focus and enjoy the moments spent here.
South Mississippi Fair Grounds is found in Laurel and is a wonderful amusement park, being a great fun provider for all those that visit it. It is one of the most visited and popular attractions in Laurel where families come with their kids to spend a great time together and to have fun. It also represents a location perfect for kids to socialize and to make new friends. This attraction will surely be a memorable one for the entire family, so do not forget about it.
Five Things You Must Do in Laurel
The city of Laurel is located in Jones County in Mississippi. Laurel was established in 1882 and is situated in the southeastern region of the state, in an area known as the Pine Belt. The city is popular for the yellow pine products that it exports.
1. Visit the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art: This is one of the most popular museums in Laurel. The museum is visited by nearly 40,000 people each year. The museum has an amazing collection of American and European art. The museum also houses several oriental exhibits.
2. Have an enjoyable experience at the Lake Bogue Homa: The Lake is one of the most popular recreational spots in the city of Laurel. At the lake you can enjoy boating, jet skiing and water skiing. The lake is 1200 acres in area and the activities can be enjoyed from noon to sunset.
3. Enjoy a Game of Golf at the Bear Creek Golf Club: The golf club is an 18 holes club and is open for public play. There are two golf clubs in the city and the Bear Creek Golf Club is one of the best ones. The club is especially popular among tourists.
4. Have fun fishing at the Lake Bogue Homa Campground: The Lake is well stocked with a variety of fish including catfish, crappie, large mouth bass, and bream, along with several other varieties.
5. Enjoy Hunting at the Chickasaw Hay Wildlife Management Area: This is an area of approximately 153,000 acres that is available for the public to hunt animals like turkey, deer, squirrel, rabbit, raccoon, and other small game animals.
United States, Mississippi, United States
Other locations near Laurel