The city of Laurel is located in Jones County in Mississippi. Laurel was established in 1882 and is situated in the southeastern region of the state, in an area known as the Pine Belt. The city is popular for the yellow pine products that it exports.
1. Visit the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art: This is one of the most popular museums in Laurel. The museum is visited by nearly 40,000 people each year. The museum has an amazing collection of American and European art. The museum also houses several oriental exhibits.
2. Have an enjoyable experience at the Lake Bogue Homa: The Lake is one of the most popular recreational spots in the city of Laurel. At the lake you can enjoy boating, jet skiing and water skiing. The lake is 1200 acres in area and the activities can be enjoyed from noon to sunset.
3. Enjoy a Game of Golf at the Bear Creek Golf Club: The golf club is an 18 holes club and is open for public play. There are two golf clubs in the city and the Bear Creek Golf Club is one of the best ones. The club is especially popular among tourists.
4. Have fun fishing at the Lake Bogue Homa Campground: The Lake is well stocked with a variety of fish including catfish, crappie, large mouth bass, and bream, along with several other varieties.
5. Enjoy Hunting at the Chickasaw Hay Wildlife Management Area: This is an area of approximately 153,000 acres that is available for the public to hunt animals like turkey, deer, squirrel, rabbit, raccoon, and other small game animals.